DORA and AP help

Dreamer_tx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
just a quick question...please, HELP!!!
I'm very confused right now, I talked to the immigr, but they didn't help much, the person I talked to didn't really answer my questions.

My problem is, I'm applying to adjust my status as I'm the wife of an USC, but I don't know yet if I should mail all my applications, or try to do everything through the DORA (Dallas Office of Rapid Adjustment).
The thing is, I would like to be able to go back to my country for Christmas, and the officer I talked to today said that if I apply through DORA I can't request an AP, just wait for the GC to show up...which is SUPPOSED to take around 90 days.
I'm very confused right now...PLEASE, HELP! Should I just mail everything and wait for my AP, or just do the DORA and risk that I can't go back to my country for Christmas?

Did any of you apply though DORA? How long did it take to get the GC? Is it true that I can't apply for the AP if I choose to follow the DORA path?

Thank you so much for any help!

Dreamer_tx said:
Hi,
just a quick question...please, HELP!!!
I'm very confused right now, I talked to the immigr, but they didn't help much, the person I talked to didn't really answer my questions.

My problem is, I'm applying to adjust my status as I'm the wife of an USC, but I don't know yet if I should mail all my applications, or try to do everything through the DORA (Dallas Office of Rapid Adjustment).
The thing is, I would like to be able to go back to my country for Christmas, and the officer I talked to today said that if I apply through DORA I can't request an AP, just wait for the GC to show up...which is SUPPOSED to take around 90 days.
I'm very confused right now...PLEASE, HELP! Should I just mail everything and wait for my AP, or just do the DORA and risk that I can't go back to my country for Christmas?

Did any of you apply though DORA? How long did it take to get the GC? Is it true that I can't apply for the AP if I choose to follow the DORA path?

Thank you so much for any help!

If you are sending your apps to the lock box, you can apply for EAD/AP which you should receive 30-60 days of sending your apps. This way, you would have your AP well before christmas and would be free to travel.

If you apply through DORA, you cannot apply for AP/EAD unless 90 days have passed and your GC is still not approved. There is no guarantee that GC would be approved in 90 days under the DORA program. If your GC is not approved in 90 days, you can apply for AP and wait for another 30-60 days. So that means you would have your AP in hand by ~Feb 2006 which would be of no use to you.

Correct. To apply for the DORA PP is voluntary so you can choose Chicago or DORA (if you are in the Dallas area of course). Plus the DORA Pilot Program it's as it says a program...means that they still checking if they really can give in most of the approved cases a green card in the range of 90 days that is why they don't guarantee that. Actually USCIS doesn't guarantee anything! hehehe :p

So if you count right now you are already away for the 90 days even for the DORA program since you still haven't put your applications on board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your fast replies, guys.
Now I'm VERY confused...we talked to an immigration lawyer and he said we can file for the AP with the DORA and it says this from the site:

"NOTE: You may file an Application for Employment or Travel Document at any point during the processing of your application if an emergency arises and you feel the need to apply for either or both. You will have to pay the fee associated with each of those applications."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dreamer_tx said:
Thank you for your fast replies, guys.
Now I'm VERY confused...we talked to an immigration lawyer and he said we can file for the AP with the DORA and it says this from the site:

"NOTE: You may file an Application for Employment or Travel Document at any point during the processing of your application if an emergency arises and you feel the need to apply for either or both. You will have to pay the fee associated with each of those applications."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Correct. You can always get an AP for emergency travel but i doubt if your christmas vacation could be classified as an emergency.