Don't apply AP to Vermont, Go to Newark

happy22

Registered Users (C)
I went for walkin AP to Newark and got it without any questioning. The lady over there was very nice and she was not happy to know that I applied for AP to Vermont 2 months ago and heard nothing from Vermont.

She told me that in future never go to Vermont for AP , always come to Newark. Only condition is that your travel date should be within 3 weeks. But noone ask for any proof of travel.

The sate of AP processing is really bad in Vermont. In last one month, the date only moved one day till Oct 9. So if you are planing ravel within next 5 months, then sending AP application to Vermont is just waste of money.

I-485 RD: 03/23/02
Ist FP: May 02
2nd FP: 03/13/04
AP Notice Date : Dec 3 2003 ( But got it from Newark walkin)

walkin AP at newark

Hi happy22,
Thanks for sharing your views on this topic. I wanted to apply for AP. Was wondering what I should do.
Couple of questions though.
WHat is the start date of your new AP? Is it from the expiry of your old AP? Or is it the date of application? I still have 4 months time.
Do you have to take proof of travel? I know they didn't ask you, but do you need to take it?
what docs do I need for applying? Is there info on the web?

Thanks
J Rao

ap for business travel

i applied to VSC way back in october, but no reply yet. need to go on a business trip soon, so i am considering to go to newark for "emergency AP". can you tell us what time of day you went there, whether you had to wait for a long time in a Q, etc? thanks,

Yep, I live in NJ.
I had to pay the fees of $110 again.
I went there early in the morning at 6:30 am. If you are not amongst the 1st 50 applicants then they give you a preference letter to come again. So be in the queue by 6:30 am. They admit people inside starting 7:30 am.

Emergency AP?

Hmmm. Is there something like emergency AP?

I thought, the only way you can get AP now is by directly applying to the service center and waiting endlessly.

Please let me know this.
Thank you.