Done with GC @ Montreal

Bob Cobb

Registered Users (C)
Fellow Montreal CPers,
I am done with GC process. I had pleasant experience at Montreal CP interview.
H2 Category
PD - June 2000
LC Done - Auguest 2000
I-140 Done - May 2001
PIII Received - June 2001
PIII sent - July 2001
Interview - Nov. 2001.

Had medical done in Toronto 2 days before interview. Got result the same day. Drove to montreal next day. On interview day, we went early (7 am). DO NOT NEED TO GO THAT EARLY (unless you like to stand outside in cold).
After security check, got the token, and we went to basement. (There is no bathroom in basement) After 15 min. they told us to go to 19th floor. Submitted original papers to some lady. Then we waited for 30-40 minutes. Then they start calling people for interview. It was random call( wasn\'t based on token number, People who came after us, went ahead of us.) Then they called my name. Interviewer was a lady (Mary). She was nice and kind. No complicated questions were asked. She told me to pay $ 65 per person and told me to wait outside for visa papers. We were done by 11:30 am.
went back to toronto. Flew next day to US. Fingerprints and stamping were done at Toronto airport.

Some advice:
* CP Inteview is not hard at-all. don\'t sweat on it.
* No need to wear suit or tie.
* No bank statement needed.
* Only those paper which are mentioned in the P4 were needed.
* I took tax filing copies. But nobody asked for it.
* I took x-ray films, but nobody asked for it.
* In this board somebody advised me to take tax transcript (IRS Form # 9###). Which I didn\'t do it. You don\'t need those either.

Ask me if you have any question(s).

Good luck.

Congratulations!

Was there any RFE after your Packet 3? Just wondering why it took so long (5 months) from submitting P3 till interview.

Thanks.

Dress code

Hi Bob, congrads first!

You said there was no need to wear suit and tie. What is your
observation of other IV folks in the consulate when you were
there? Is it generally casual or business casual?

Thanks.

Duke ruski01

No Title

Congratulations Bob!

I guess yours is the only montreal interview experience posted on this
site for the month of november, thnx for that!

all the best!

BTW, where did you stay? I have heard of Days Inn being about a
15 minute walk to the consulate, anyone know a closer place?

Also, what time did most people show up? i have my interview this
month and actually am not looking forward to spending time in the
december montreal cold.

No Title

Toront...
Wyndham is the closest one. I would go at 7:30 to 8:00 am. \'cause they open door at 7:30-7:45 am.

Duke..
You can wear shorts if you want. Don\'t waste your time asking these kind of questions. Visa issuance is not based on what you wear. Relax, it is not a job interview that you\'re giving.

Bob Cobb: Any denials on your day?

Did you see any denials on your interview day? There is very little information about November interviews in Montreal.

No Title

There was no denial that I know of. There were atleast 4 interviews done before me, and everbody seemed happy and had white slip (for $ 65 fee). That mean they got the visas. Lady officer is really nice.

Congratulations

Congrats and best of luck. We are also going to do CP in Montreal if ever the TSC approves me I-140. Should be a nice vacation

MONTREAL CPers: PLEASE RESPOND IMMEDIATELY (interview date 12/14)

I RECEIVED PKT4 WITH INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 12/14 AT MONTREAL. HOWEVER, I DID NOT RECEIVE THE DOCUMENTS THAT MY ATTORNEY FORWARDED IN PKT3 INCLUDING FORMS OF-169, OF-230 PART I, OF-230 PART II (TO BE SIGNED IN FRONT OF CONSULAR), AND AFFIDAVITS OF SUPPORT (FORMS I-134) FOR MY DEPENDENTS.

Q1: IS THIS USUALLY THE CASE?
Q2: DOES IT SUFFICE TO CARRY COPIES OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED DOCUMENTS?
Q3: AM I REQUIRED TO CARRY PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS?
Q4: DOES ANYONE HAVE TEL NO OF TONY\'S STUDIO ACROSS US CONSULATE IN MONTREAL?