done, at last!

Dweller

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,
just wanted to share my experience getting a GC stamp.
I got my I-485 approval on July 26, got the copy of the original notice in mail on July 31, and went to Memphis office on August 3.
At 6.15am, I was the first one there.
There was a special room for those who had appointments, and regular line for all the others.
The doors opened at 7am, then standard security check, then giveaway of queue number tickets.
I was at the counter at 7.30am, gave my approval notice to the officer. She asked for a passport and 2 photographs.
I gave her that and also offered her my previous travel documents and EADs. I could have kept all that, though - she did not ask.
She asked for a fingerprint and signature for I-89, stamped my passport and wrote A# and SRC# of I-89 on the passport.
She took away my last I-94, too. Said the plastic card would take up to one year to make.
Everything took about 10 min.
Now a little bit of history:
September 2000 - came to US on H3,
February 2002 - filed RIR in Kentucky
July 2002 - got converted to H1B, got the stamp in Canada
November 2002 - RIR completed thru Atlanta office
December 2002 - concurrent filing of I-140 & I-485 to Texas Center, + medical, + travel doc, + EAD
June 2003 - fingerprints
July 2003 - I-140 approved, got TD & EAD, too.
March 2004 - changed jobs, started working on EAD
April 2004 - filed EAD renewal online
June 2004 - got new EAD
July 2004 - I-485 approved, original notice mailed to my attorney who called me ASAP. A copy does suffice.

My good advice is to double-check all the documents your lawers send to INS!
Wish you all good luck!

Dweller : Question about your stamping experience

Hi,
At what time did the line start to fill up? I mean - is it like India where the line will be a mile long by 7:00 pm when the door opens?
Dweller said:
Hey guys,
just wanted to share my experience getting a GC stamp.
I got my I-485 approval on July 26, got the copy of the original notice in mail on July 31, and went to Memphis office on August 3.
At 6.15am, I was the first one there.
There was a special room for those who had appointments, and regular line for all the others.
The doors opened at 7am, then standard security check, then giveaway of queue number tickets.
I was at the counter at 7.30am, gave my approval notice to the officer. She asked for a passport and 2 photographs.
I gave her that and also offered her my previous travel documents and EADs. I could have kept all that, though - she did not ask.
She asked for a fingerprint and signature for I-89, stamped my passport and wrote A# and SRC# of I-89 on the passport.
She took away my last I-94, too. Said the plastic card would take up to one year to make.
Everything took about 10 min.
Now a little bit of history:
September 2000 - came to US on H3,
February 2002 - filed RIR in Kentucky
July 2002 - got converted to H1B, got the stamp in Canada
November 2002 - RIR completed thru Atlanta office
December 2002 - concurrent filing of I-140 & I-485 to Texas Center, + medical, + travel doc, + EAD
June 2003 - fingerprints
July 2003 - I-140 approved, got TD & EAD, too.
March 2004 - changed jobs, started working on EAD
April 2004 - filed EAD renewal online
June 2004 - got new EAD
July 2004 - I-485 approved, original notice mailed to my attorney who called me ASAP. A copy does suffice.

My good advice is to double-check all the documents your lawers send to INS!
Wish you all good luck!