DOL salary requirements and paycuts. How do they affect AOS cases?

to_close_to_GC

Registered Users (C)
The company I am working for is struggling
to remain afloat.

Yesterday I was told that the negotiations between the company and the investors are taking a positive turn. And that by the end of the week we should know where we stand. As far as salaries are concerned, that is "up in the air" still. We may have to take even further pay cuts.

How tied are we to the labor departments view on prevailing wages considering the economy.

My salary was reduced several months ago by 15%. And I may be looking at another pay cut.

How does this affect me?

Same employer as the one that sponsored me in the first place, but significantly reduces pay.

They say that reduced pay is better than no job. Is that true for people with a I-485 pending?

If I get an RFE or of I get to an interview is it OK to state that my salary has been reduced
in order to keep me on staff? Or is my situation such where I should be urgently looking for a
replacement job?

Regardless I have a "job offer letter" from my current employer. Would that be helpful? Basically it is a letter of
intent. Should things with the economy be better at the time of the interview, the salary defined on this document
would represent reality. If not the salary figure would have to be revisited.

Thank you.