DOL Degree Equivalency

dazzling

Registered Users (C)
Where can I find what degrees are equivalent to each other as per DOL. Is there any such information poublished by DOL. Does anyone know a link through which I can access it.

Thanks

You or your company have to contract one institution that makes this kind of evaluation. They will request your certificate, your classes content and hours of study. Then, they will tell your equivalency in USA schools. For example, if you has Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from Brazil, it has a 5 years proprogram. It is equivalent to a Bachallor in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering on USA. However, if you have only a Techinician with 3 years program, it will be equivalent to a Associated degree.
The DOL classification is based on American School. The position used on your certification could be found at DOL web page http://www.dol.gov/ (make a serch).
Good luck!!

Valcris29 said:
You or your company have to contract one institution that makes this kind of evaluation. They will request your certificate, your classes content and hours of study. Then, they will tell your equivalency in USA schools. For example, if you has Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from Brazil, it has a 5 years proprogram. It is equivalent to a Bachallor in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering on USA. However, if you have only a Techinician with 3 years program, it will be equivalent to a Associated degree.
The DOL classification is based on American School. The position used on your certification could be found at DOL web page http://www.dol.gov/ (make a serch).
Good luck!!
Thanks. I understand that. But what about a field of study to another field of study .. like Communication Engg .. is this equivalent to Electronics engg etc. So the degree is say same but the field of study is different and the labor is flexible to accept either Electronics or equivalent field of study. Will Communication engg be an equivalent field of study ..

Valcris29 said:
To file your Labor you will need the degree or the expirience, some case you will need both. Click in this link and then on Dictionary of Occupational Titles http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/faqsanswers.asp#perm1

It will help you guide in the possition that best fit you. The immigration Attorneys are expirient in this subject, they will guide you thru. No wander they make big bucsks. Hope this will help.
Thanks for the link. My question is still not answered though. I want to know in terms of education which degree is considered equivalent to another degree .. I am specifically interested in Major Fields of Study equivalence as defined by USCIS or DOL.

My 140 was denied on a substitute labor. Details of my case can be found in my signature (see below).

I am sorry to heard that your I-140 was dineid. I read your link above and there are some good comments about it! I am not so sure that you will find this kind of information. In my understating every course is different. They can be field rellated, but it is not the same. Example, Electrical Eng and Electronic Eng, are different but are field related. In fact, Electronic Eng used to be a speciaty of Electrical Eng. Now, Electronic eng is a specific program. Also, Eletronic and Computer science are field related. Computer Sciense Eng and Cumputer Eng are equivalent. Suggestion, talk to your attorney. If you need some help call 248-336-0402. He is a good Immigration Attorney, who can help you more than me.