Does USCIS send RFE or any query (I-485 phase) to Attorney or to the applicant?

ajju15

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 petition is pending with Texas Service Center since October 2002. My I-140 was approved in May 2003.

One month back, I changed my job but have not changed the attorney yet. The Attorney from my old employer must be on USCIS file. I am trying to find out a local Minneapolis Attorney with reasonable charges. I do not have any RFE or query at this point.

My question is: If USCIS sends any RFE or Query, do they send to Attorney or Applicant or both?

If possible please let me know the documents I need to have while the attorney change so that I do not have to go back to the old Attorney. I already have the,

1. Copy of I-485 receipts
2. Copy of I-140 approval
3. Copy of Labor Approval (ETA-750A and 750B)

I will appreciate if other people can share their experience. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE goes to attorney only. FP notice, approval notice go to both attorney and applicant.

If your old company attorney applied for I-485 he should be able to help you in case any RFE or any other issue. Most of the times help is required only at the time of filing application. If your I-485 gets approved without any RFE and interview, you don't need any help of any attorney. In that case switching to another attorney will cost only some extra $$$ without any benefit.