does this means i'm doomed

cooldoc80

Registered Users (C)
dear friends

i'm an iraqi doctor who escaped the war in my country , anyway i applied for usa refugee programe for iraqis , i was interviewd and reached the final stages with the us.cinitizenship and immigration officer

after that the result was ON HOLDDDDD , of course i waited for 1.5 year and still its the same , I think they put me on hold becoz i told them i used to treat patients whether they were iraqi police or militias ,,,,,,i didnt know this may put me in inadmissibility basis otherwise why didnt they make a decision on my file for this looooong time????

my question is please :

for me i dont want to go to usa anymore , the situation in my town is better now and i finished phd degree which can enable me to live a happy life i hope BUTTTT there is a fellowship degree at a university hospital in usa which i applied to and badly want to complete as its a golden chance to strengthen my cv and job prospect, i have to pay for it of course its a 6 month degree......if i apply for j1 visa will they refuse me based on my previous refugee file ????

i gave my fingerprints and also passport copy when i was intervied for refugee , does this mean i cant enter usa for life even if i pay for the study and bring the letter of acceptance from the university and bring them proof of funding my study by giving them a sponsor bank account????

thanks dear friends

Last edited by a moderator:
i will :(

I would say just give it a try.

thnx bro , i have no choice although i think its waste of time and effort and i will have to pay the fees of study and of course it wont be easy to return it from the hospital when i will be refused