Does this mean "FBI Namecheck pending"?

iportaluser

Registered Users (C)
I just got an email from FBI regarding my name check status:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is in reference to your facsimile dated May 27, 2004, concerning your immigration status. We received a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for you on April 26, 2004, and it is currently pendig. I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean the name check is pending?
Did anybody get a similar response?

-----------------
WAC-02-043

As you know before 9/11 INS waited from the security agencies response for 3 months
and, if no response given, INS assumed that everything is OK and proceeded with the consideration of a petition. Nowdays, there is no time limit on the FBi's response.

What I am supprised is that USCIS asked FBI for your name check only this April, while your RD is really old (November 2001).

Anyway, maybe your last name is common, maybe there is a guy with the same last and first name who is of interest to FBI, who knows how long it may take for them to do their job. Something like " better safe than sorry".

I have two questions and a request:
- did you use fax number (202)324-3367 ?
- how long did it take FBi to answer your fax ?

- please keep us posted how things will develop. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Fine

- did you use fax number (202)324-3367 ?
- how long did it take FBi to answer your fax ?
----------------------------------------------
Yes, I used (202)324-3367
05/27/2004 Name check fax inquiry sent
06/28/2004 Reply from FBI

FYI
--------------
04/27/2004 2nd FP Notice
05/07/2004 FP Result received by USCIS

Trying to understand this...

So if I think that my case is pending a FBI name check I can proactively fax the FBI with my case details and they actually get back with a yes / no that they have received a request for a name check ?

Is that how it works ?

Also what kind of info do u send besides the name ?

Soc Sec ?
WAC ?

Thanks -

What would you do with the info though. So FBI says that we completed ur name check etc - What would that info be useful for except for knowing that that part of the process is done. I mean BCIS wont actually acknowledge this and do something about it right ?
Just checking

name check - stuck in canada FBI

do any one know how to contact FBI name chk dept via email?
I have tried to contact them on FBI # 202-324-2399 & Fax: to 202-324-3367
but no luck. Its more then a month I have sent them faxes but also I am waiting for my security clearance since April 5, 2004.

ANy idea how long it would take? I applied from Canada-Ottawa coz i am a landed immigrant and i am a citizen of Pakistan

My current status:
------------------------
On May 7, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I don't have a right email address for FBI name check inquiry.
The FBI sender email address looks like a machine generated one.