Does this mean card lost ?

jaykarandikar

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

My wife's status is as follows:
Card approved and ordered 09/20/2005. Card mailed 09/22/05.
Today is 09/28/2005 and we still have not received it in mail.
Should I be concerned ?
Anyone on this forum has had this experience of not receiving the card in mail, and had to contact USCIS again ?
I received my card within 2 days of it being ordered.

My card was ordered 09/12/05, mailed 09/14/05 and I received it on 09/16/05.
I received a biometric notice on 09/17/05 for which I appeared today.
Is it normal to get a biometric notice after receiving the physical card ?

Thank you.

well just pray god that your wife recieves her card. otherwise, you have to submit 1-90 form. it is taking at least 3 to 4 months before she will recieve her biometrics notice after 1-90 form is submitted. it takes further 2 months before she will actually appear for the biotmetrics appointment and then it takes almost 2 month before the new green card will be mailed. so it will be 6 to 8 months before she will get her green card....INS treating immigrants like a shit....just to get a lost card, it takes 8 months

did u get the card

Hi Jay,

Did you get the card , I am in the same situation, The card was mailed on 20th sep but I haven't recieved it yet.

What should be done next!!!

Thanks

No have not received it .. Man, I am so mad.

Funny thing is, me and my wife had our cases approved on 01/20/2004, following which we got our passports stamped in Memphis TN, on 01/26/2004.
We did not receive any cards for 1.5 years.

After a bunch of enquiries, and after moving to Virginia, an INS officer told us that Memphis had sent our I-89s to National storage.
Then we again submitted the I89s . I got my card within a month, and my wife's card's status is that the card has been mailed, but we have not received it yet.

Received Card

Finally we received my wife's card. During the whole GC process (and after getting both of our approvals on 01/20/2004), we had moved 4 times.
For the whole of last year my wife and I had been receiving mails from INS at the correct new address. We had been contacting INS regarding the status of our cards.
INS mailed my card correctly to our new address, but had sent my wife's card to the 2nd out of the four addresses we had been staying at.
We were at that addrerss for 6 months in 2002 !

However, the card was sent back to Nebraska, and my wife's online message was immediately changed saying that the card was returned as non-deliverable.

We then called up INS again, and again gave them our current address. INS mailed the card the next day. My wife's status was changed saying that the card was mailed on 10/13/05. We received it on 10//17/05.

So we have at last received both of our cards 20 months following our initial stamping.