Does the USCIS care about the date printed on the cheque?

sr_jinka

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

A rather silly question.... Does anyone know whether or not a crossed out and reprinted date on one of the cheques attached to the application would be cause for rejection?

To put it more clearly, on one of the cheques attached to an I485 application submitted for a sibling, the date on the cheque was misprinted by me (eg: dd/mm/yy instead of mm/dd/yy) and later crossed out and corrected on the same cheque... I hope that this isn't a major cause of concern to the USCIS but would anyone else here know with more certainty?

sr_jinka said:
Hello,

A rather silly question.... Does anyone know whether or not a crossed out and reprinted date on one of the cheques attached to the application would be cause for rejection?

To put it more clearly, on one of the cheques attached to an I485 application submitted for a sibling, the date on the cheque was misprinted by me (eg: dd/mm/yy instead of mm/dd/yy) and later crossed out and corrected on the same cheque... I hope that this isn't a major cause of concern to the USCIS but would anyone else here know with more certainty?
If you cross out something and DO NOT INITIAL at the corrected place, most Banks would reject the check. You may want to check with your bank but I think a bank will reject the check if the check is not initialed where a correction has been made.