• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Does the country of citizenship matter in winning?

ferhankaka

Registered Users (C)
based on an article that i recently read, they are expacting more then 13 mil applicants this year, so lets say another 20% get disqualified, that leaves another 10.4 mil qualified applicants, so being one of the 10.4 mil people seems pretty slim!

now what my question is, does your citizenshiop affect how the computer picks the winners? Since the amount of enteries are so high, there is a probibility that no one from a specific country might be selected?

thanks for any clarification!

I think it all depends on how many applications your country made.I have seen small countries getting large number of visas and bigger countries getting smaller number.I think there is no possibility that a specific sountry wont have winners.I am from Greece and i know that there is a low number of applicants each year from Greece,so Greece receives 45-65 visas each year.
Albania which is 1/3 of Greeces population receives 2000 visas! that means that lot of Albanians apply for visa
I believe that the lower number of applicants a country has,the more possible is to be selected.
Someone wrote in another topic that the first time he applied for visa was last year,and he got a visa,because he comes from a country in Europe where they send very low number of immigrants,so every applicant succeeded to get a visa.
I dont know if its true.
Looking the statistics of past years i remember only 1-2 countries in the world that didnt have any winners,but these countries were so small and generally unknown that i doubt if there were any applicants from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i first suspected that the more people know abt it, the more they will apply and the lesser the chance of them getting! but it is divided by region, and past results show that africa has the highest number of selectees and then europe and then asia! so why then bangladesh has more then 7000 selected each year, as compared to other smaller countries

does this mean that bangladesh has alot more applicant then other countries?

Yes Banglandes,Ukraine,Nigeria have much more applications than the other countries and of course its more difficult if u r from these countries to be selected

It is purely based on the luck. We cannot predict anything but i prefer countries filing less number of application has more chance of winning the green card lottery.