Does the company sponsoring you matter??

Clinical729

Registered Users (C)
In regards to I-140, a friend of mine told me the company sponsoring you matters because it effects how your application is scrutinized. Is that true?? He said usually with smaller companies there will be more scrutiny, and you'll need to provide more evidence to have your application accepted. He said with big companies, like a GE or GM, they will still obviously have to provide evidence but there is that sense of credibility that those companies have, which enables them to get an edge. Is that right, I hope not because my company is a rather small one :mad:

well, this may be true to some extent but if ur paperwork is complete why be worried about it.
In the last month I have seen at least two people being sponsored by blue chip or big five have been asked to show ability to pay so i guess its the same scenario for everyone.

It used to matter more when you went for visa stamping for H1 etc
infasct for F1 and J1 being attached to some universitues helped and for others made things difficult.

My advice is this is already a very tense long and testing process, why add to it by worrying about hypothetical stuff. Be cheerful

Good Luck

waitin_toolong said:
well, this may be true to some extent but if ur paperwork is complete why be worried about it.
In the last month I have seen at least two people being sponsored by blue chip or big five have been asked to show ability to pay so i guess its the same scenario for everyone.

It used to matter more when you went for visa stamping for H1 etc
infasct for F1 and J1 being attached to some universitues helped and for others made things difficult.

My advice is this is already a very tense long and testing process, why add to it by worrying about hypothetical stuff. Be cheerful

Good Luck

I was in-house counsel for a company with 30 employees. I was also the head of the immigration department for a company with 3000 employees. I can say from experience that large corporations have an easier time with certain things (ability to pay, corporate existence and legitimacy, proving nuumber of employees, . . .). However, that does not mean that their filings are not carefully considered. Additionally, large corporations are high profile targets for DOL audits and therefore usually cancel visas and terminate H-1 employees rather than illegally benching them.