Does she need to take English/civic test again at different field office?

curiousv

Family member went for interview at scheduled time and date at Mt Laurel NJ.

She passed civic/English test but she was not recommended because officer had concerns about residency.

He gave N652 ..i.e. not recommended.

Today we noticed in her ELIS/online account that says interview de-scheduled ..it does not say any reason why but says we are sorry for inconvenience.

There is another thing in her account that says we have transferred your case to another field-office for review.

They said it is transferred to Seattle office (from original office of Mt. Laurel)

Now why would they it is de-scheduled after the fact and our major concern is ...even if its transferred to Seattle office...does she need to take Civic/English test again? also does she needs to go to Seattle office again in person or they will just ask for residency related documents via mail?

Earlier you said you dont know if she needs to take Civic/English test again ..I wish someone could answer that.

You also said there must be a way you can appeal the change of jurisdiction, if she has legitimately moved to NJ then Seattle is not the correct office of jurisdiction.

We would to know how can we appeal that NJ is the correct state and not WA.
She is in NJ and Mt. Laurel NJ office does not give infopass appointments ..so how?

You also said there must be a way you can appeal the change of jurisdiction, if she has legitimately moved to NJ then Seattle is not the correct office of jurisdiction.

We would to know how can we appeal that NJ is the correct state and not WA.
She is in NJ and Mt. Laurel NJ office does not give infopass appointments ..so how?

I said that you could appeal *before* you revealed the following crucial information, again from your other thread:

“Officer first asked about residency and figured that NJ might not be right state ..because officer asked her where will you permanently reside ? she said NJ is my temporary ..I am going to settle/reside in WA state.”

Once you had revealed that then it was obvious the officer was correct and there was no grounds for appeal. As we said before. That’s why it’s easier to keep the same story in the same thread. How can you now say she legitimately moved when that was what she said in the interview? She didn’t even have a NJ driver license, right?

Now that you have said she has not been recommended (a later fact than before) it would seem to me that in the absence of a successful interview she will need to redo it. But yes I don’t know for sure.

Just to clarify...when she responded - NJ is my temporary ..what she meant was ..she gonna reside in NJ forever but it was not temp like weekend or couple of weeks...English is not her first language so she could not explain that she is moved in May 2018 and she is intending to stay in NJ for at least until May 2019.
She said my permanent is in WA because ultimately she gonna move back to WA from NJ and retire in WA.

To my understanding ...where a applicant permanently reside ..should not matter as long as they are in the state for at least 3 months before they apply..correct me if I am wrong.

Just to clarify...when she responded - NJ is my temporary ..what she meant was ..she gonna reside in NJ forever but it was not temp like weekend or couple of weeks...English is not her first language so she could not explain that she is moved in May 2018 and she is intending to stay in NJ for at least until May 2019.
She said my permanent is in WA because ultimately she gonna move back to WA from NJ and retire in WA.

To my understanding ...where a applicant permanently reside ..should not matter as long as they are in the state for at least 3 months before they apply..correct me if I am wrong.

This just looks like you’re trying to change the story. Just the fact that she didn’t have a NJ state issued ID was a problem (it’s a requirement for the interview as I linked in the other thread) and an indication that she doesn’t reside in NJ. Anyway if you want to appeal to move it back to NJ, go ahead, make sure she has all the required documentation before she goes in for the next interview.

There is no change of story ..I have no reason to twist...She just said NJ is temp because she thought if officer is asking her move to NJ forever ..in that context ..she said its temp. Well now I understand she it was better for her to get NJ ID. But we did think it is must because it was not mentioned any where on interview letter on what to bring. I understand on uscis website it is mentioned that you should bring State issued ID which we did not give importance again relying on interview letter thinking that they ask for case specific documents and if state ID was necessary they would have mentioned it. We also called USCIS and both L1 and L2 officer said that it is not must to bring state ID but it is definitely helpful to prove residency. (not must)

There is no change of story ..I have no reason to twist...She just said NJ is temp because she thought if officer is asking her move to NJ forever ..in that context ..she said its temp. Well now I understand she it was better for her to get NJ ID. But we did think it is must because it was not mentioned any where on interview letter on what to bring. I understand on uscis website it is mentioned that you should bring State issued ID which we did not give importance again relying on interview letter thinking that they ask for case specific documents and if state ID was necessary they would have mentioned it. We also called USCIS and both L1 and L2 officer said that it is not must to bring state ID but it is definitely helpful to prove residency. (not must)
FYI you get all sorts of answers via phone. Ultimately what's outlined by USCIS and what transpires in the interview room is what matters.

Don't mean to sound callus but "English" not being one's first language doesn't excuse anything. From what you said the individual answered truthfully. She didn't plan on residing in NJ for too long.

Anyways!!! GOOD LUCK and so keep up apprised of the situation.

Yes she did not and does not plan to stay too long in NJ but my question is ...3 months residing prior to application is important or intention not to stay long in NJ is important?