Does retrogression affect if P3 is sent to NVC but P4 is not received?

senthil43

Registered Users (C)
My lawyers have sent my Packet 3 about 3 weeks back to NVC (have not received any acknowledgement for it)

Since my P3 was sent when my the date (EB2) was current but the generation of P4 from the consulate might happen after oct 1st (when my date will no longer be current), will the lastest announcement on retrogression affect me?

Also it seems that once a visa number is assigned to a case then we dont have to worry about retrogression, in case of CP when is this assigned?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

(cross-posting it here since I didnt see any response to my earlier post at http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=189912 before)

What do you mean by P3 and P4

Senthil

You won't see any responses if you use non-standard terms. In a public forum people won't spend much time to try to understand the question itself. What do you mean by packet 3 and packet 4? Please use terms which are commonly used, as defined by USCIS

-Ram

In case of consular processing, to my knowledge, you'd lose the advantage of concurrent filing of 140 and 485 together. Also there is no way to get EAD and AP for you or your family until your visa date becomes current and you get an interview date with the consulate.

-Ram