Does PR Process Involve Current US Employer?

wbuddha

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

If my current US employer comes to know that I am filing for Canada PR he is sure to terminate my job and my GC processing (which he has promised to file in a month). I want to know whether my employer will know about Canadian PR process if I do not tell him. Does the FBI or Candian Immigration (Buffalo) offices check with the current employer? What kind of documentation is required from the current employer? All I can get is a letter to "Whomsoever concerned" that I am employed with him, anything else and I am inviting trouble.

Please share any useful information...
WB

One of the documents needed to file CAN PR is a current letter from your employer attesting to your job title and responsibilities etc..essentially, proof of employment...paystubs alone however will not do as they also need the letter in the format that I think is available on the CIC websites.

There can be an exception if you choose to tell them(CIC) that doing so would endanger your current employment....do not however bother mentioning anything about your US GC...that is irrelevant to the CAN PR if you dont have it yet.

More importantly, if your employer is filing US GC, why are you filing CAN PR?? :confused:

Well..I know why...but I am so tired and sick of CANADA being used as a 'back-up' and then tossed like toilet paper when the so-called 'US GC' which is achieved after years of humiliation is finally granted like alms to a beggar.. :(

Long as the letter confirms the details that CIC needs...should not be a problem. What are you going to do about the date though? Typically, such letters are dated and CIC needs proof of current status...

There is no need for yout US employer to know that you filed for your canadian PR at no point is your US employer contacted, I went through the whole process while both were getting filed and had no issues and did not tell them about it

You can always request a letter of employment no need to tell them what it is for, the letter need not be addressed to CIC it can just say" To whomsover it concerns" and if your HR dept gets nosy tell them it is for your parents to come here, or you need it for H1B or make up something, its not that hard.

Thanks...

Thanks to everyone for helpful replies.

Maple_cartier, I am not using CAN PR as a backup thing. I have plans to study in Canada, and then settle there. I agreed with the employer to file US GC to show that I am serious about the current job for long-term.