does NIWer need an interview?

niw2win

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I read some post online about someone had an interview( :confused: ) with INS for his/her NIW after the approval of I-140. I am wondering whether everyone applying for NIW needs an interview before he/she can actually secure the greed card. I remember, in that post, the interview was about the consistency of his/her current field with the field that he/she claimed for National Interest. I really appreciate your responses.

Best Regards

In your I-140, if you opt for Consular Processing, then yes, after the approval of the I-140,you HAVE to attend the interview at the US Consulate in your home country.

If you have filed I-485(adjustment of status in the US), then there is no hard and fast rule as to who has to attend an interview.If the USCIS asks you to attend an interview(for any reason), then you have to.

is there any statistics available showing that the possibility of being interviewed for NIWer?

if I140 is approved, how high is the possibility? I heard after 911, almost everything NIWer has to go through interview at local office.

The worst thing is long waiting time in NYC office. :mad:

My I-140 (NIW) was approved in Jan. 2005 and I-485 was approved in March 2005. No interview. (TSC)

my NIW I-140 was approved in July 2003.
My I-485 was transferred to local office for interview, now I am waiting for it...

wa, still waiting for it. if it is in VSC, you will have the approval already. the current I485 processing time is March 2004. is yours in NYC local office?

I got transferred from VSC on Dec 2, 2004, to Baltimore office, and waiting time in Balt. from the transfer date is 6 months...