Does LUD Change after responding to the RFE?

kiddy

Registered Users (C)
Two weeks ago my Lawyer has responded to the RFE and still there is no change on my LUD. Is it normal? Is anybody in similar boat? I am getting worried. Please share your knowledge and experience. Thanks.

kiddy said:
Two weeks ago my Lawyer has responded to the RFE and still there is no change on my LUD. Is it normal? Is anybody in similar boat? I am getting worried. Please share your knowledge and experience. Thanks.

There is no fixed time frame for the status to change after INS receives RFE. Lately the INS is updating it fast but there are few cases where they din't. Wait 5 to 6 weeks from the time they received your RFE and then call the customer service number.

NSC received my RFE response on 09/01, LUD changed on 09/02, 09/03 and 09/07, then there was no change until approval on 09/22.

According to my lawyer, the RFE was mailed on 09/15 but there is no update or acknowledgement till now. The RFE says, if NSC don’t receive the response by 11/10 then they might assume that the case has been withdrawn. I tried to reach the 800 number and their response was to wait for 60 days? I am becoming restless as I see others getting their response as soon as NSC receives the RFE response. Please give me your expert advise on my next steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question on LUD

gcard2002 said:
There is no fixed time frame for the status to change after INS receives RFE. Lately the INS is updating it fast but there are few cases where they din't. Wait 5 to 6 weeks from the time they received your RFE and then call the customer service number.

GCard2002/SLW3K,

I have a question, if you could throw some light on:
My I-140 (CSC/EB2, RD: Jan. 20 '04) was msising from USCIS's tracking system, for 3 months. I was naturally concerned, and initiated enquiries - first thru my employer, and then thru my Attorney. Finally, last night, I could track my case (on USCIS' Online tracking system), and it stated that they had responded to my request for info. regarding my case (I-140 Peition), on 09/28/'04
On the other hand, I noticed a LUD of 09/30/'04. My question is, does the LUD change on the basis of enquiries, or does it exclusively depend on 'processing' (in that, can I expect early approval)?

Many thanks in advance!

My LUD has changed today around noon acknowledging the RFE response. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Semi-conc'nt 04 said:
GCard2002/SLW3K,

I have a question, if you could throw some light on:
My I-140 (CSC/EB2, RD: Jan. 20 '04) was msising from USCIS's tracking system, for 3 months. I was naturally concerned, and initiated enquiries - first thru my employer, and then thru my Attorney. Finally, last night, I could track my case (on USCIS' Online tracking system), and it stated that they had responded to my request for info. regarding my case (I-140 Peition), on 09/28/'04
On the other hand, I noticed a LUD of 09/30/'04. My question is, does the LUD change on the basis of enquiries, or does it exclusively depend on 'processing' (in that, can I expect early approval)?

Many thanks in advance!

It depends on the message. If the message says that they received response to the RFE, it obvious. If the message says somehthing like, it will take 30 days to respond to your resuest, then it means someone made enquiry on your case. Let us know what is the message that you see.

The online msg. reads:

Receipt Number: WAC04*****
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER
Current Status: On September 28, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

On the hand, LUD for the above I-140 Petition reads September 30, 2004.

So, what do I make of the LUD?

That is the status because someone made an enquiry on your case. It has nothing to do with the progress in processing your case.

Ok, thanks.

I asked because the enquiry was actually made in August '04 - even though USCIS responded, only on 9/28. When I saw a LUD of 9/30, I couldn't help speculate if it meant that my application was picked up for (eventual) processing.

Sometimes the change in LUD is due to a letter that is being mailed to you. You might get something in the mail soon regarding this.

best of luck,