Does "Latest Update Date" mean anything?

i485-2003

Registered Users (C)
I sent a fax enquery on 6/5. I saw my Latest Update Date of my case changed to 6/8/04, then 5/15/04. Does the changes mean anything? Will my case be approved soon?

Anyone has the same experience?

Thanks!

Sorry to get your hopes down. But any changes to the LUD does not mean much. Search in this forum for topics on this. A lot of well-meaning people have tried to find some pattern in these changes, but have not been very succesful, in my opinion.

Again, don't quote me on this. It may as well turn out that your case gets approved. And you might find a 100% correlation with the LUD change.

mine has been changing quite a lot recently, probably due to faxes and letters to senators.
Now I'm hoping that once they looked into my case, they approve it. I's been long overdue.

My spouses LUD has changed twice in the past 7 days. Prior to that the date was from the last update 12 motnhs ago ( FP received) .Nothing else has happened though yet - nothing in the mail or no approval. WAC 02 175

spouse is the primary applicant , its an EB . ( In fact I have my own GC but that does not help if a layoff happens as there will be no basis to stay; also sponsoring spouse using my GC takes so many years to be meaningless.)

I have recently noticed that my both of my Advance Parole and Employment Authorization Documents have a more recent LUD of 06/03. Wonder what was updated on the documents. I have not used my EAD or my AP. I have been on my H1B all along.

The Online Status says the same thing "This case has been approved. Yada, Yada.......".

USER12345 said:
spouse is the primary applicant , its an EB . ( In fact I have my own GC but that does not help if a layoff happens as there will be no basis to stay; also sponsoring spouse using my GC takes so many years to be meaningless.)
If you have alreday GC, how does layoff effects. It should not affect your stay or GC. It may be a problem if your I-485 is pending while you were laid off. Correct me if I am wrong.

desi-bartender said:
LUD is useless to predict approval. All my analysis of this field seems to
yield nothing. Can't find any common pattern.

Agree with you. It has no meaning unless you see change in your case status.

gcusa99 said:
If you have alreday GC, how does layoff effects. It should not affect your stay or GC. It may be a problem if your I-485 is pending while you were laid off. Correct me if I am wrong.

what USER12345 is talking is that, if primary applicant (spouse) looses job and don't get another similar job, then USCIS can deny spouse's I-485. Though USER12345 is darivative, I guess, somehow his/her I-485 is approved before primary I-485. Correct me if I am wrong, USER12345.

pralay said:
what USER12345 is talking is that, if primary applicant (spouse) looses job and don't get another similar job, then USCIS can deny spouse's I-485. Though USER12345 is darivative, I guess, somehow his/her I-485 is approved before primary I-485. Correct me if I am wrong, USER12345.

Hi

Well let me clarify altough my situation ( as opposed to my spouse) is not related to this forum. I have a GC independent of my spouse. It is not a derivative case. However for our family the difficulty is that my spouses right to be in the US is based on employment and if the job is lost then she loses the right to be in the US unless another similar job is found. Hence we are sick of these endless delays as there is a real chance of layoff and not finding another job.

The personal consequence is that my spouse will have to leave the US if the case was not approved before a job loss , then of course I will leave the US so we can be together and them I will lose my green card becasue you must reside in the US to keep your Green Card . Even if I took a reentry permit which is valid for two years, and applied for a GC for my spouse this would take more than two years.

Our hope is that the 485 gets approved ! Othwerwise whenever I become a citzen I can then file a 485 for my spouse. But that is still a while away and we really want the 485 to be approved as does everyone else here.It is a big weakness in the system that spouses of GC holders have no right to be here .

regards

USER12345 said:
It is a big weakness in the system that spouses of GC holders have no right to be here.

Couldn't agree more. For a country that seems to promote 'family values' so much, little is done to promote - or even assist - those values among the immigrant or non-immigrant communities. Benefits should be easily extended to legitimate spouses - including to those of people here on work visas. It works that way in many other countries - if the temporary worker is allowed in to work, then so may the spouse. What are they supposed to do? Sit around all day for years? <sigh, sorry this is OT>