Does it hurt to contact IIO

nd110200

Registered Users (C)
Hello All: Does contacting an IIO hurt my case in any way?? I would appreciate your input, for I want to know the facts before I make a contact with IIO.

No Title

I don\'t think so. But they monitor your calls. U have a right to know your case status, if something go beyond the normal processing time. Why don\'t you try to hit that jackpot (802-527-4913).

Calling IIO\'s

It is actually good to call the AVM and speak to an IIO. It can help clear up issues like incorrect addresses, undelivered notices etc. On the other hand, please be aware that they keep a record of how many times you call. So, it would not be prudent to call too frequently and seem like you are bugging them. Once every 4-6 weeks should be OK.

It Hurts under Somw Conditions

In one of the Sheela Murthy\'s chat sessions she said that if you call INS too many times the case officer might assign your case to local INS Office and will enter the information in your file.

it helped me

or so i\'m happy thinking from what she told me.
First, she said she\'ll have the AVM recognize my EAC# shortly.
Second, she said she\'ll move my wife\'s file next to mine so they are processed together (there was a goof up by the lawyer earlier and we had to file her 485 again, so her file was separate from mine)

it helped me too

My case has literally "moved" I am dec ND case and didnt expect to go anywhere for another month but the fact that it has gone from a dump to an officer table is reassuring. i actually called the IIO\'s every week for the past 3 weeks( maybe thats too much)cuz, i wanted to see if i have to wait to apply for EAD renewal.
So i guess at least it pulls attention to the dukhi case.