does consulate ask for DS 230 part I

destMumbai

Registered Users (C)
Hi CP Users,

I already sent DS 230 Part I before to NVC.
Does the consulate ask for this again during the interview?

I think that was exactly happened to one of the member of this board. While appearing for interview he was asked for the copy of DS-230-I and as far as I know he was carrying one copy, send submitted that duly signed in...

I had taken a new DS230 with my local indian address to the consulate and wanted to substiute my old one but was not allowed to. Reason is that my original (NVC) DS230 Part I had a couple of rubber stamps on it indicating NVC processing and possibly fee's paid and/or Mumbai pre-processing..

So they told me to scratch out the US address (present address) and write India address with a pen.

Moulin/Ranen

Moulin/Ranen,

i didn't make a copy of DS230 part I & Part II.

I didn't know that i should make a photocopy . By gone is bygone.

What do you all suggest i should do ?

When Chennai sends packet-4, will that contain copies of DS230 Part-i & part-ii... Iam confused . Please help

Re: Moulin/Ranen

Originally posted by localmadras
Moulin/Ranen,

i didn't make a copy of DS230 part I & Part II.

I didn't know that i should make a photocopy . By gone is bygone.

What do you all suggest i should do ?

When Chennai sends packet-4, will that contain copies of DS230 Part-i & part-ii... Iam confused . Please help

In all probability you will not be asked for a copy of DS-230 part I.
Part II is what you submit when you appear for interview.

If you used the services of an immigration attorney, check with them. They sometimes keep a copy.

It is important to have a copy of part I since it summarizes pretty much your entire adult life ( where you lived, education, work experience, etc.)

Chennai Packet 4 only contains DS-230 part II among other things. You can fill out a downloaded version on your own, you don't have to necessarily use what Chennai send you.

no dspI asked.

They already have the copy and only asked to change address to indian local add.

Re: no dspI asked.

the document-checklist lists down DS-230 as one of the required docs.

that is where iam getting confused. If my attorney / myself don't have a photo-copy, should i just download new-DS 230 forms and re-fill it with the same information as i did for PACKET-3

If you see "Ranen" posting in this same thread, he says
-------
I think that was exactly happened to one of the member of this board. While appearing for interview he was asked for the copy of DS-230-I and as far as I know he was carrying one copy, send submitted that duly signed in...
------

what should do in this situation. Does the consulate specifically ask for the photo-copy

Documentaion checklist
----------------------

1. Appointment Letter and Visa Pictures (3. 2 with your signature
across. ).
2. DS 230 Part I & II.
3. Marriage Certificate Original and 2 Copies (TWO! A couple had
some minor problems for not getting 2 copies).
4. Birth Certificate (Original and Copy).
5. Job Offer/Verfication letter original. Attach Affidavit for
support.
6. I-134 for spouse.
7. Earning Statement/Pay Stubs.
8. Bank Statements.
9. 2001 Year Income Tax Copy and W-2 statement(s).
10. Police Certificate.
11. Medical Report

Where to get some docs?

Hi guys,

I am waiting for Mumbai interview date- seems like Dec/Jan. NVC recd my P3 Sept 9, and said it'll take 6-8 weeks to review.

Just wanted to know where I can get the affidavit of support and I-134 for my wife. Is is something that I can get ready beforehand.

Thanks,
amit