Does change of Address imply change of SC?

virgo73

Folks,
My company (Chicago area) has decided to consolidate and move us to down South(Texas). I will be still working for the same company but in Texas. Will my I-485 be transferred to Texas? I don't want it to be for reasons obvious. Can i somehow maintain like a P.O. Box number in chicago, and keep my processing in NSC.

Do i even have control over this? Can i call BCIS and ask them not to transfer my case.

Please advise. I've got a lousy lawyer who works for the company and not for me!!

chances

As long as your company is located in Chicago, the INS should not transfer your case.

But recently (very few cases) the case is transfered to local offices when the people change their address.

Actual this shouldn't happen as per earlier procedure the INS followed.

So there is some risk of getting transfer.
Just think about 25 percent chances for transfer and take the decision.

You can't maintain post box address. You can keep some known person in your apartment for sublease and keep that address your officail address until you get approval. This is one possibility.

my 2 cents

Transfer

While there is evidence that and AR11 may trigger a case transfer, however there is nothing that mandates a transfer.

Now the processing of your I485 has got nothing to do with the location of your company. The involvement of company stops at the I140 stage and I485 is purely your's. If INS decides to transfer your case it will be purely based on your address and not that of the company.

Hope this helps...

------------
PS: Don't consider this a legal advice in any way.