Does ASC Biometrics process have any effect on name check?

Ladyoflovers

Registered Users (C)
I am a little confused about this security check. When I had my finger prints and photos taken during my ASC appointment back in December, wasn't I supposed to also get a security check? Isn't the whole purpose of finger printing for security checks?

You know, the interviewer has told me that there would be a security check on me to get the I-485 approved, which would take 90 days as she said. And I already got my EAD and AP about 2 months ago, if they haven't done any security checks, how would they issue those?:confused:

The ASC appointment letter says code 3, but i guess it doesn't mean anything.

The FBI is scrutinizing your files. I understand they do the security check. In the mean time, they let you work (With your AED). If you fail a security check for example, maybe thats when they recall things. Innocent till proven guilty kind of thing (in the sense that ~ work for now, if there is problem we'll alert you).

you make me laugh.... :) no offense. Since your IO already told you there would be a security check on you to get your green card approved. Why you so worried couple days ago and try to file a complaint to her? No matter how she was mean or rude during the interview, she already approved your application from whatever she can do.
Security check bascially is name check. To clear you have no crimal recorders both in your home country and here. For AP and EAD, there is nothing to do with name check, since they are only good for a year. and name check is for status adjusment. Both AP and EAD have nothing to do with your status.

you make me laugh.... :) no offense. Since your IO already told you there would be a security check on you to get your green card approved. Why you so worried couple days ago and try to file a complaint to her? No matter how she was mean or rude during the interview, she already approved your application from whatever she can do.
Security check bascially is name check. To clear you have no crimal recorders both in your home country and here. For AP and EAD, there is nothing to do with name check, since they are only good for a year. and name check is for status adjusment. Both AP and EAD have nothing to do with your status.

i'm glad that i can make you smile, i sooo need that, too. the reason i'm still upset with that nasty lady is because if i were interviewed by a normal person, i would have already stamped on my passport. she is the reason for all this trouble. i haven't seen my family since January 2005 and each day passing by is just killing me. all my entire family is abroad.

No, you won't get stampe on your passport if you are not clear from FBI for the namecheck. Even if your IO likes you and your husband so much.... nothing to do with her or her attitude

Wait a minute.... you said you already have your AP, so what does hold you from visiting your family??? You got me soooooo confused.

Wait a minute.... you said you already have your AP, so what does hold you from visiting your family??? You got me soooooo confused.

my lawyer was telling me that i might have problems at the airport and my entry might have been denied. the reason he thinks is, when i was working under H1B, i wasn't being paid what i was supposed to be paid. he says that would put me out of status. although, during my entire stay in usa, i always had a valid visa and i still do. (my current one is E2 but since i didn't go to my home country, i didn't have it stamped on my passport.)

does that make sense? i'm actually planning on changing my lawyer.

First things first, being stuck in FBI namecheck after interview is common, its nothing to do with your interviewer, or your fingerprints. Some people wait years to get this clearance, some only weeks. Patience is needed at this point, not letters of complaint. If you don't get your Green card within a year, start thinking about legal options.

As for the out of status thing, sounds like your lawyer is pretty smart to me. If you were breaking the rules of the H-1B then yes you would have been out of status for some years, and could be banned for 3-10 years upon re-entry to the USA, AP or no.

Why would you change him? Because your ignorance of the immigration process makes you think he's doing a bad job? If you're stuck in FBI namecheck a lawyer can't really help you right now. Maybe in 12 months or more, yes.

my lawyer was telling me that i might have problems at the airport and my entry might have been denied. the reason he thinks is, when i was working under H1B, i wasn't being paid what i was supposed to be paid. he says that would put me out of status. although, during my entire stay in usa, i always had a valid visa and i still do. (my current one is E2 but since i didn't go to my home country, i didn't have it stamped on my passport.)

does that make sense? i'm actually planning on changing my lawyer.

Hi:

Having a visa and maintaining status are two different things.

Excellent - change your lawyer if he tells you what you don't want to hear. For some reason this always works for ignorant people.