Does anyone know why I-824 processing time doesnt move for months?

tooOldtoWait

Registered Users (C)
I am seeing in NSC that I-824 processing times hasent moved from Dec-2001 from May. Does anyone know how this works?

Like do they pile up all the application and then once in 6 months they take a portion of it and process or what? Guess I-824 is the lease priority for INS, actually I wouldnt bother about this one either, if my spouse is not waiting in another country for more than 8 months!.

Let me ask the question in a different way

Did anyone get their I-824 approved from NSC in the past 4 months? if Yes can you tell me how long it took from applying to approval?

Any response would be appreciated

Priorities

INS sees different types of applications as different priorities (probably rightfully so).

I don't think INS feels that the I-824 is a high priority filing.

thanks Jim for your reply

I guess I have to spend most of the time waiting for INS to process something or other! This is the service that we get for paying $140 as application fee.

How could the processing time go BACK by 1 1/2 years?

Am I under drugs:eek: or is this true? Last 4 months I saw that I-824 processing time didnt change at all. I understand that, because its the least priority, now, (13-aug-2002) I see that the processing time for I-824 is shown as 7/2000. How could this happen? did they withdrew all the application from 7/2000 to 12/2001?

Weird!...humm I guess anything can happen with INS!

Any thoughts about this?
:confused:

Hey TooOldToWait,

I am also in a similar situation. I.e. watching in horror seeing that the Nebraska center has rolled back the I-824 dates from Dec17-2001 to July-2000. I wonder what kind of morons are running this center???! I am really pissed... I have a feeling that they messed up....and I am beginning to worry if they lost any cases or something.

This is a "single sheet" of paper..and they don't have to do any background checks or any crap...and importantly other service centers are almost current. Damn!! I am wondering if I should be changing my center or something like that! What a bunch of idiots..no wonder they don't know how to do their job!

:mad:
-motorhead

ps: My application was for a follow-to-join for my spouse

Motorhead sorry to hear about your case

I would be more than happy to get the hell outta NSC service area, if they would tranfer my application after my move. My lawyer says since my 485 application was approved from NSC, I-824 will also be processed by NSC. So in otherwords we are screwed.

Equally worse is Chennai consulate. they dont reply to my e-mails or my lawyers e-mails or suggest any alternative. Many other consulates accept 824 receipt notice and dont wait for approval notice. Could our luck be any worse?

Don't worry! VSC is doing same.

Guys!

You are not only one who, is facing this problem in I-824 case. I filed I-824 (action on approved petition) on Feb 17 in Vermont. Still there is no hope to get approved soon.

thanks.

I oppose your opinion!

Mr. James D. Mills.

I oppose your opinion of "probably rightfully so." Because you cannot feel, what I feel. I have not seen my family for four year. I-824 is become more painful than I-485.

thanks.