Does anybody know .....!

toooolongwait

Registered Users (C)
Ours (mine+wife+daughter) 485's were transfered from VSC to local office bloomington, MN which is under NSC.

Few days back I sent my EAD renewal to this local office and they returned it today saying I need to send it to Lincoln,NE.
I think they never bothered to look into their system that they have my case.

I am totally confused, I think if i sent to NSC they will again return saying I have to file in VSC.
My understanding was that now local office has to deal every thing related to my case.....Please advise............!

RD 06/25/01
ND 08/13/01
FP 11/21/01

Xer 01/13/03
second FP 04/05/03

hi toooolongwait,
The local offices STOPPED processing EADs and APs as of January 2003. You have to send it to Lincoln, NE. It'll take 2 months(exactly) to get your EAD renewal.

By the way, I got interview letter last week from Bloomington, MN office. My case was transferred here in Feb 2003. Interview was sceduled on 19th of this month. I'll post the details of the interview as it's done. I think you should recieve your interview letter soon. GOOD LUCK.

-BNReddy

Hi BNReddy!
How did your interview go?
Mine case just transfered to Bloomington and I am wondering what kind of questions they ask and what documents should I bring in the interview?

Congrats....!

BNReddy,
Congratulations for getting interview letter !
And today is 19th so what about the big news !
Mine is nowhere yet, don't know what to do, it is getting worst for me, life is on hold because of this thing.

Please post your expeince in as much detail as it is possible.

Thanks
Wish you best of luck

Hi,
Finally the journey comes to an END.:) My green card APPROVED and got my passport STAMPED. It feels very relaxing.:cool:

Interview was only 15-20 mins long. The IIO just took the oath and asked our employment letters and driver's licenses. She even changed my wife's last name within that time frame. I was thinking that I have to go through another one year process to change my wife last name.

IIO told me the reason for my 485 tansfer was my lawyer applied my 485 twice. Once before my marriage and second one is after my marriage.

Actually my lawyer came along with me. It made the process even easier and faster.

So hang in there guys. Your turn will come soon and you dont have to worry about interview process at local office. It will very nice and friendly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and I wish you guys ALL the best.

-BNReddy

Hey BNReddy !
You are the man , you are through finally , lot of ....lot of congratulations !
If you don't mind I still have few questions :)
1. On your interview day, did you wait in line for hours
2. Do you mind sharing your country of origin.
3. For how long passport stamp is valid, what they said about actual card, I mean when you will get card itself.

Thanks
Have a wonderful life after getting GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey toooolongwait,
Here are the answers to your questions.

1. My interview was scheduled at 12:30 PM, so I didn't wait ( infact there was no line and there wont at that time) in the line.
2. I'm from INDIA.
3. Passport stamp is valid for one year. I'll get the card by that time, if not I can renew (restamp again) the stamping. They dont give the time frame of the green card, but I know some of my friends got the actual card in 5-6 months from Nebraska and 1-2 months from Vermont.

Hope this information helps you.

-BNReddy

Case Got Xferred to Bloomington, MN

Finally got the interview letter from the Bloomington office. My case was transferred from NSC in March'03. Interview is scheduled next month. Had to do FP again. In the letter they asked for a lot of documents. BNReddy, would you share the type of docs you gathered before the interview? How many docs they actually looked at?

Congratulations gc-mirage !
This is one step forward and hopefully ordeal will be over for you On interview date.
mine was transferred to the same office in Jan,03. No news yet !

Can you share some information like :
Your country of origin and
Was your case was waiting for security or name checks.

Thanks,
And best of luck

Re: Case Got Xferred to Bloomington, MN

Hi gc-mirage!

Do you know why your case was transfered to local office?
Also, when did you receive FP notice ... after your FP expiration period (i.e. fifteen months from your first FP) or before?

Mine case was transfered to Bloomington office in June'03. Prior to transfer, NSC asked me to submit two RFE's. In which one of them was regarding special registration. Anyway, My FP has been expired and I have not received second FP notice yet.

Good Luck to you and I hope the interview will go smooth.

toooolongwait/Lamba:
Thanks! I hope so too! I'm from a SR country. I still do not know as to why my case was transferred. NSC did not notify me. I happen to call them in April'03 and found out about the transfer. I called them a couple of times afterwards only to get conflicting info from the IIOs. One IIO told me that it was indeed transferred while the other told it is lying at NSC waiting to be picked up by an officer. They also told the lawyer from our legal department that the case was still at the Service Center. I thought Name Check/Security Check is done after FP. I did my first one in April'02. So, I think they had enough time to do name/Security Check. The second FP notice came with the interview letter and I got it done this 1st week of this month. Lamba, my RFE's were about BC and Employment letters and they issued those in Dec'02. I also hope the interview would go smoothly...
Hang in there guyz... Your turn will come soon.

Finger print notice arrived

I just received second finger printing notice through my attorney. My first one was expired in August 03. I did not receive this notice by mail because Bloomington office sent it to my old address. About a year ago, I moved to new address and submitted change of address form (AR-11). I had been receiving mail form NSC on my new address but it seems Bloomington office did not update my adrress. "Left hand does not know what right hand is doing."

gc-mirage!
You mentioned that you receive finger print notice and interview letters together. Would you mind if I ask follwoing questions:

Do you think it is possible that my attorney just received only finger print notice and the mail that I did not receive might have both finger print notice and interview letters?

Did you receive only one letter that has both finger print and interview appointments or seperate letters for each one in one envelope or may be in seperate envelopes?

Did your attorney also receive both letters?

I am thinking of going to Bloomington office and have them my adress corrected and ask them about interview letter also.

Looks like ordeal is nearing an end !

Looks like ordeal is nearing an end !
Last friday I got a call from senator office that our 485's are approved and we have to appear at Application support center for a brief appointment. they will be sending a letter for this appointment.

I was happy and confuse !

The letter I received says:

================================
Conratulation, applications that were filed for you with The service have been approved.
However each of you still need to complete one more form before your file can proceed to Lincoln,NE for processing. therefore you have been schedule for a brief appointment at the location listed below at the date & time indicated:

Name of ASC and date,time

you are required to bring any I-551's(aka"green cards") you have to this meeting. addtionally you MUST bring 1) this notice, 2) Valid photo identification such as passport,natioanl ID, state issued ID, or other INH/DHS issued photo ID. {current passport are preferred}

====================

I am happy because it seems our 485's (for myself, wife and daughter) are approved WITH OUT INTERVIEW.

I am confused because of the language of this letter, it no where says that we need to appear for passport stamping, secondly it is calling us to application support center (this is where they do FP)
not to district office, where my case was sitting for last 11 months. It is bloomington, MN office.

Please help me understand this !

RD 06/25/01
ND 08/13/01
FP 11/21/01

Xer 01/13/03
second FP 04/05/03

Approved

I am from NSEERS country but I was not subject for finger printing because my last entry the US was after 09/30/02 and I was also not registered at the border upon my last entry. I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number). In response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. Then after following things happened:

485 case was transferred from NSC to local office (Bloomington, Minnesota) … June 03.
Second EAD applied in July 03 at local office and received it same day
Second finger printing was done in Oct. 03.
Interview call letter received in Nov 03.
Interview was done in Dec 03. Passport was also stamped at the time of interview.

Today I feel free … wish you best of luck.
:)