Does any one who used AP and asked 485 receiept

cgroad

Registered Users (C)
I will be travelling on AP with expired H1. I saw many post that says take 485 receiept with you when you travel. But I don't have copy of 485 receiept. I ask attorney, they won't give it. they says its not required.
Does any one who was on AP and asked for 484 receiept?
Thanks

per my understanding I485 receipt is not required for Travel. you only need AP. But its always better to carry as much documentation with you these days. who knows whom you will meet at the POE.

If you do not have I485 receipt # this is probably the best time to get it. Tell your lawyers that you are planning to sponsor your parents or In-Laws for a Visit and you need a copy of receipt #. I beleive you need Receipt # to sponsor.

Wish you all the best.

I made four or five trips to Europe on AP - no one ever asked me for I-485. APs are issued for other types of applications as well so the document itself isn't fully associated with the AOS so I-485 receipt definitely isn't required for travel.
The only problem you may have with AP is that if you are flying to US via a different country the immigration officers of that country may not know what the document (AP) means and may delay you at the border for a few hours. It happened to me in Denmark before my flight to London (transfer point).

Thanks, I will be going by air-india via London

Thanks,
I will be going on AIR-India, via london. So I think those people would come across lots of AP so they would know things.