Does a Newborn require a new Affidavit form

orthodoxparadox

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I'm a UK Citizen married to a US citizen, currently in the US.
Several Months ago I submitted a I 485 with an I130 and now I have been granted a date for an "initial interview"
When I originally filed the I-864 Affidavit of support, My wife listed only me as a dependent, because that was our entire family.
Now we have a newborn son to add to our family.
What should I do regarding the Affidavit of support?
Do I need to fill out a new one and submit it? bring it to the interview (a month time)
Either way, my wife's income is more than sufficient in meeting the Poverty guidlines 125% rule for a family of 3.

I'd appreciate any help on this

Raphael

orthodoxparadox said:
Hi
I'm a UK Citizen married to a US citizen, currently in the US.
Several Months ago I submitted a I 485 with an I130 and now I have been granted a date for an "initial interview"
When I originally filed the I-864 Affidavit of support, My wife listed only me as a dependent, because that was our entire family.
Now we have a newborn son to add to our family.
What should I do regarding the Affidavit of support?
Do I need to fill out a new one and submit it? bring it to the interview (a month time)
Either way, my wife's income is more than sufficient in meeting the Poverty guidlines 125% rule for a family of 3.

I'd appreciate any help on this

Raphael

If your son was born to you and your wife, and she's a USC, then he is a US Citizen too. Actually, if he was born in the US regardless of his parents' citizenship, he is a USC and does not need any affidavit of support.

Congratulations :)

Pinturicchio said:
If your son was born to you and your wife, and she's a USC, then he is a US Citizen too. Actually, if he was born in the US regardless of his parents' citizenship, he is a USC and does not need any affidavit of support.

Congratulations :)

i think his concern is the I-864 needs to include all "head-counts" regardless the immigration status thou. I might be wrong (since I am married with my wife and we do not have any kids, so i put the number as "2" only)

Ohh :) My mistake.

I would just wait until the interview and update the form with the officer. If the tax returns show that your wife's income exceeds the requirement for a family of 3, and your son's birth certificate shows that he was born after filing the affidavits, then I don't see a problem. I think s/he will just update the application.

When I went to my interview, I could see the affidavit of support in my handwriting in the officer's hands. It's as close as you're going to get to your application after filing it :)

Good luck :)