Documents for visitor visa

gm777

Hi,

I have completed my 6 year limit on h1-b . I have started using my EAD card for employment. I have received my 485 receipt and advance parole document.

I am planning to invite my inlaws here to the US. I would like to know the list of documents I need to send them to get a visitor visa. My question is, since I dont have the h1-b document (I-797), what are the documents I need to send in place of I-797.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Originally posted by gm777
Hi,

I have completed my 6 year limit on h1-b . I have started using my EAD card for employment. I have received my 485 receipt and advance parole document.

I am planning to invite my inlaws here to the US. I would like to know the list of documents I need to send them to get a visitor visa. My question is, since I dont have the h1-b document (I-797), what are the documents I need to send in place of I-797.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Copy of receipt notice for AOS, copy of EAD, pay stubs, employment letter, bank statements, Affidavit of support.

gm777...

I am in a similar situation (working on EAD/485 filed) and am planning to call my parents on visit..

Would appreciate if you can share experiences.. Are u having them prepare for any other docs? Like reasons for them to return to their country (property papers, jobs, ???)..

-ab