Documents for interim EAD?

MountainDew

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

When I do eventually go to obtain my interim EAD card, what documents do I need to take with me?

Additionally, I don't have my I-140 receipt or I-485 receipt with me. This is with my attorney and my GC sponsoring company I guess. The thing is, I don't work for my GC sponsoring company anymore as I had joined another company on my EAD last year.

So, how can I get a hold of these documents? Is my attorney required to send me this or not? I mean, technically, all that paperwork is mine...right?

At the Atlanta INS office, they asked me the old EAD, filled 765 form, copy of EAD renewal receipt, since i mentioned AOS pending in the form she asked me if i have a copy of my 485, i did and gave it to her. She didn't ask me anything about I-140.

Don't provide too many documents, just give what they ask for.

good luck !

MountainDew

Not only from the point of view of the iEAD... but you should alywas keep a copy of all of your documents... If I were in your place, I would call attorney and ask him/her to send a copy of all documents, regarding the GC prcess... He/She might ask for some fees to certify the documents... But I would pay some money and have the documents with me, then looking for documents at some time in future...

At every stage of my GC process... I always asked my Attorney to send a certified copy of all documents to me. (including forms / petition he filed on my behalf, and approval he received)...

I don't know what other people think about this. but to me having a copy of all documents in very important...