Documents for Emergency appointment

shipoffools

Registered Users (C)
Friends, Can any one tell me what is the "required document" for getting an emergency appointment under "returing H-1B worker" category? I am a working as a consultant and what should be the required documents? Anyone who has taken an emergency appt please please please reply!

When you try to Confirm an appointment in VFS, it does say I797 approval notice is necessary for H1 emer. apt. Create an application online and go along with the steps to confirm it, you will get a screen where you can choose emer. apt. There they have described what all docs is necessary. If you wish, you can cancel at this point and log off.

s1311 said:
When you try to Confirm an appointment in VFS, it does say I797 approval notice is necessary for H1 emer. apt. Create an application online and go along with the steps to confirm it, you will get a screen where you can choose emer. apt. There they have described what all docs is necessary. If you wish, you can cancel at this point and log off.

question:
For emergency appointment, will 8th year extension stamping qualify?
Can I go to any consulate or should I go to Chennai since originally passport was from Karnataka. Even though the passport has been renewed in US?

How to make the emergency appointmetn

Hello Everybody,
I need to travel to India and elsewhere in Feb, so I made an appointment,
but the earlier I could get was 8th march, even after I clicked on the
emergency appointment option.
I was wondering if there was an email I’d, phone number where I could call
and get assistance on requesting an emergency appointment.
Any relevant help is deeply appreciated.
Thanks ppl