Documents for EAD and AP

a_v1

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to file EAD and AP renewals by my self.

Please check following list and update me if I miss any document.

Documents for EAD
1. 2 passport photos. Write A# and name on the back
2. Form 765
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of last EAD receipt
5. Both sides copy of last EAD card
6. Self Check/Money order/cashier's check $120.
7. Signature card

Documents for AP

1. 2 passport photos. Write A# and name on the back
2. I-131 Form
3. Copy of 485 receipt.
4. Copy of last AP receipt
5. Copy of current AP
6. Copy of I-94(both sides)

I have the following questions.

1. How to get signature card? Can I download from somewhere or should I go to INS office to get one?
2. Should I send EAD and AP in different covers? What is the best service (FedEx, USP, US postal)?
3. Do I need to add any cover letters? If yes, can someone post a sample letter?

someone had an RFE for a copy of 140 approval notice.

As to your Qs
1. Signature card is no longer reqd
2. both of them go to different po boxes...ups does not deliver to po boxes
3. I did not add a covering letter, but got a receipt

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a RFE asking for I140 aproval copy...
you probably ned to attach that to..

Thanks for your comments.

1. I will add a copy of my I-140 approval
2. I will send applications using FedEx (1 cover for EAD and 1 for AP)

Any other comments?

copy of existing AP reqd?

I am renewing my AP + EAD through my lawyer and he did not ask me for a copy of existing AP. He does not have a copy either - I got the first AP directly from INS and did not send him a copy after I received AP.

It would not hurt to send a copy of AP with the renewal.

You can't send by FedEx since it does not accept PO boxes...

Use USPS express or priority mail!

Document required for Spoues EAD & AP renewal

What documents are required in the addition to ones mentioned above for the Spouse's EAD & AP renewal ?
Is primaray applicant's I-140 approval required for spouse's EAD/AP renewal?
Do will also need to send copy of the Marriage certificate with EAD/AP renewal application.
What are the fees for Spouses AP/EAD renewal application?

I sent AP and EAD application by Fedex in seperate covers and got promptly delivered. I got the receipts for all in 3 days. I got my EAD and one of the APs out of two application. So you can use FedEx. But include a copy of I140. I got an RFE for that. Send a detailed covering letter for AP stating that why you need to travel. List all your family problems. I think you need not send a copy of previous AP. They don't ask for it normally. Best of luck in case of AP. They will approve it and never mail it to you. So that you will apply again and again and again. It is pitty that INS has to earn or rob money in such a cheap fashion. Buy some lotto at the same time. The probablity of winning the lottery is more than getting the approval letter in your mail box.
Best Of Luck

Thanks all for your comments.

One member posted that FedEx is not going to deliver at PO Box. It seems that some other members used FedEx. Am I missing something?

Could someone pl. post a sample cover letter for AP and EAD?

Address for FedEx and other courier services is different than
the address for mail (which happens to be a special P.O. Box for each type of application). The following address (for courier services only) worked for me:
California Service Center
24000 Avila Rd., 2nd Floor, Room 2302
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Urgent Help Required

Gentlemen,
I have to apply for EAD renewal and I went to Canada on Dec22,02 to get Permanebt Residency. Came back to USA on 12/24/02. At border crossing Immigration officer did not change our I-94 forms and we still have old I-94 forms. On I-765 form there are two questions asking "when did you enter last" and "where did you enter last".
What should I answer for these questions? I am confused. Should I answer what I have on I-94 ( which is last time when I returned from INDIA) or whould I answer 12/24/02 and Canadian Border? Any help is thanked in advance.