Documented PCC requirements!

djsr73

Registered Users (C)
guys there is so much confusion on this web site regarding the PCC??

I do not known if it is required or not for INDIA.

But I saw the document which specify what all things are required for PCC.

It clearly states.

1. we need that certificate to be issued by local police authority of:
a)all the places that one has lived for more then 6 month after acheiving age of 16.

AND
B)all the places where one has lived for more than one year. irrespective of the age.!

and please note that certificate must be issued by local police authorities!

if any one have comments please add. BUT ONLY THE DOCUMENTED AUTHENTIC THINGS! Not what you heard etc etc.

But the problem is we have been told verbally by Mumbai Consulate that it will change from Jan 2002

screw what others tell you....

My wife received packet 4 with an additional document that said...
Important Notice : Please bring 2 Police certificates: 1 from Passport office and the other from Police station.

please specify your consulate and what does that document says!

mahesh,

Please specify your consulate.

date of inteview.

and also what doesn that document says.

when you you passport office. I assume it has to be from indian passport authorities.
Or do we need to get it from indian consulate in USA.

Please clarify?

Thanks for you reply..in advance...Dil

To Mahesh Sood

Please dont confuse others. In this thread you have not
mentioned that your wife has never been to the U.S, whereas
you have mentioned that in the other thread.

Misc Services Form

at the NY Indian Consulate, has a column for PCC but says
in brackets will be issued only on clearance from Authorities
from India.
I have a chennai interview and got a reply from them saying
that if i resided only in India and U.S then NO PCC.

No Title

Yes my wife has never been to US.

But for the guys who are planning to get the PCCs here is some info for you...
1. PCC from Passport office... you get it in 1 or 2 days depending on the office location(Bombay/hyd)
2. PCC from Police station... you get it in a couple of days too, depending on how deep you dig into your pocket.

No Title

I went this morning to New York Consulate and submitted for PCC applications for me and my wife. You need to fill out Misc form , Fee $11, Passport photocopy and original passport. She gave me a phone number to call about in 30 days. I have some number on out passports that is the reference number for which I need to ask. Then they will tell you that your PCC is ready or not. If it is ready then you can collect it.
There are two options for original passport
1- when you are submitting your Misc form for PCC you can leave your passport with consulate, then whenever your PCC is ready just ask them and collect it in the evening time.
2- If you do not want to give your passport to consulate then take back at the time of submitting Misc form. Then whenever your PCC is ready( You need to call consulate) then you have to go in the morning time in between 9AM-11AM then submit your passport. Then finally you can collect your PCC in the evening with passport.
So basically it is your choice to keep Passport with consulate or not.

I think every body should be fine with this.
Any question please post.
Thanks a lot
Good Luck

CHICAGO CONSULATE RESPONSE

yes they told me all the sm things as OCT-140.

except for two additional things:

1. we also need to give 20 usd, in addition to 11 usd. this is the fee for the telex. that they will send to passport office in INDIA. even though the web site does not mention any fee of this kind???

2. if we wnat to expediate the procees..they an give a confirmation number of there tele. and we can use that confirmation number and ask some ot go to our indian passport office and get the reponse expedited from indian passport office. so then all the ting can be complted in even 10 days.

but there are no gaurnatees and it can take upro 45 days.

GUYS..I AM IN FIX..
1.AS MY WIFE HAS ALREADY LEFT FO INDIA.
SO IT IS IMMPOSIBLE FOR HER TO GET PCC FOM HERE.

2 ALSO I AM LEAVING FOR INDIA 1.5 EEK FROM NOW. MY INTERVOIEW DATE AS CONFORMED BY EMBASSY YETERDAY NIGHT IS 15 JAN???

ANONE ELSE IN SAME BOAT AS ME.WHAT ARE YOU DOIN ABOUT THIS. PLEASE SUGGEST??/

In the mean time I have asked my parents to the local police clearance from the local police station also.

Your suggestion. and solution will be highly appreciated.

Thnaks

This PROCESS of TELEX IS NEW

Hi all,

I am amazed, SF Counsalte does not mention anything abt TELEX or anyway to expediate PROCESSING, is this only with NY ?

AnyBody from SF... Please RESPOND????