Document mailed to applicant

phxhyd

Registered Users (C)
Here is my case. 140 & 485 were denied (together) on 09/24/08. We filed for Motion to Reopen and it was denied on 01/22/09 then filed for an Appeal (140) on 02/20/09 and received the notice on 02/27/09. Later we filed for H1 7th yr extension on 03/11/09.
On 04/07/09 the status on 140 has changed to “Document mailed to applicant” but it says “On February 10, 2009 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service”. Pls note the dates; the online status was changed on 04/07 but contents says “On Feb 10th”. Also there is a soft LUD on my 485 case but no change on the status. There is no change on dependents 485’s (they were also denied along with my denial initially). My attorney says that the Appeal application is still with USCIS and did not go to AAO office. Can USCIS take a decision on Appeal case without sending it to AAO office? Has anybody gone thru this? Also If you see the timings in my case, USCIS had no application with them during Feb 10th. What documents would have been sent? Any guess please