Documenents for AP (Advance Parol) -Urgent

joeshibs

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I would like to know what are the documents for filing the advance parol. I have filed the second renewal of EAD and also 2nd FP. This is the first time I am applying for the AP.

I know that these are the documents needed. If i have missed anything pls let me know.

1. Form I-131
2. I-94 (both side)
3. Letter to INS showing the reason for AP.
4. I-485 receipt notice
5. Mariage certificate
6. copy of passport(how many pages?).
7. personal check of $165
8. Two passport size color photograph.

My I-485 application is employment based one and I had filed my renewal application for EAD to VSC. I have received the receipt notice for EAD and they have deposited my check too. So Pls tell where should i send the application for AP(VSC or Chicago address)?

pls help me with ur suggestions
Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Might I add,
1. Copy of your State ID (Driver's License) [Both sides].
I got an RFE last year on this one.

Just to make sure,
The New Photo requirements state that you have to submit "Front Facing" view.
Also write your full name and A# behind the photos with a PENCIL

HTH,
V!

One more thing I noticed.... is that your case is at the local office.
Did you visit the local office to inquire about your possible interview date?
Mine is at Baltimore. For Employment based cases transferred to Baltimore, EAD should be submitted to VSC, whereas AP should be filed at Baltimore.
On top of that, when i went to Baltimore last week to check my status, I learnt that if the case is about to be scheduled for intervew in the next few weeks, then you won't be granted a full ONE year parole. You will get a parole till your "Probable" interview date.
So check it out.....

Good luck,
V!

Thanks again.

I have visited the local office at Newark, few weeks back. The officer told me to send EAD and AP application to VSC. Also I have edited my first message. Pls check it.

My case was transferred to Hartford on 08/04. last Monday I took a info pass appoiment and went to Hartford and applied for AP. I told I need to apply for emergency AP. And I got approved it on same day.
smt