Doctors letter for aunt

tangohi

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My wife is a US citizen and recently had a delivery which was complicated and she had to undergo another surgery and was hospitalized for a month. She was discharged few weeks ago. She is emotionally drained from a complicated pregnancy and later on by the complications. Both her parents have died and we wanted to bring in her aunt for a few months to be with her. We are not asking the aunt to come for babysitting as I have been taking care of the baby for last two months while my wife was in the hospital and my wife will take care of the baby after December when the doctor allows her to increase her activity levels to normal. She would like a family member to be present for emotional support. Her doctor is willing to write a letter for the consulate in chennai. Any ideas as to what should the letter state and if it will help. My wife mooonlights in the Emergency room and does not plan to go back to work for a while so we are not worried about someone taking care of the baby or getting someone to babysit for us. Any suggestions? Important point is that whilw we were going thru all this we never asked someone from our families to come and babysit. We manage it all by ourselves. How do we convince the consulate regarding this.

Sorry for your wife's complications.
I think that the most important thing is to demostrate two things:
1. need of her aunt/ period of stay
2. an eligibility from her aunt

The doctor should states like what is the period (within the probability of how many days her aunt can stay in the US as visitor) for the recovery of your wife and why is so important that a family member should be here. It should be good to include some kind of supportive documents like hospital bills and things like that so they really know that is not like the doctor is trying to help you is telling the truth about your case.
At the other hand her aunt should be preparing herself like making a list of things that attach her to her country, like posessions, bank accounts, if she is working the better!, other family members that depend on her, etc.

Good luck and Merry Christmas with your new baby.