Doc's for Interview - Help!

singarb

Registered Users (C)
I am gearing for November Interview and I am going to India on Moday. Last minute check on the documents triggered some questions for which I need your help.

In the TO DOs before leaving to US list many of you have said the following things. And I have questions regarding them.

1. Cover letter/Appoitment Letter & OF - 171.

What is OF - 171. Is is something we get along with the appointment letter? If not, pls let me know how to get it.

2. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC)

Is the letter we received from NVC acknowledging that the payment is received and that we have to fill the bio - graphic form DS 230 Part 1 and send it to NVC?

3. At the time of Interview, I am seeing all of you mentioning that we need to take the Biographic Form DS 230 part 1 and part 2 (unsigned).

I remember sending a signed DS 230 Part 1 to NVC. But not Part 2. First of all we dont have the original DS 230 Part1 with us, and second, we dont have a part 2 either. Is this something that is expected in the appointment letter. Please clarify because I dont have neither of them, except for a copy of signed DS 230 PArt 1 that I sent to NVC.

I appreciate your comments. As I am leaving for India, an immediate answer would be great.

Thanks.

1. Cover letter/Appoitment Letter & OF - 171.
What is OF - 171. Is is something we get along with the appointment letter? If not, pls let me know how to get it.
Answer: Legal name for appointment letter that comes with packet 4.

2. Take the receipt of form IV bill ($335/- PP paid to NVC)
Is the letter we received from NVC acknowledging that the payment is received and that we have to fill the bio - graphic form DS 230 Part 1 and send it to NVC?
Answer: In my case i am carrying photocopy of the cashier check of $335 that i had issued out of my bank.

3. At the time of Interview, I am seeing all of you mentioning that we need to take the Biographic Form DS 230 part 1 and part 2 (unsigned).
I remember sending a signed DS 230 Part 1 to NVC. But not Part 2. First of all we dont have the original DS 230 Part1 with us, and second, we dont have a part 2 either. Is this something that is expected in the appointment letter. Please clarify because I dont have neither of them, except for a copy of signed DS 230 PArt 1 that I sent to NVC.
Answer: No need to carry part 1 since consulate has it. If you have it great else dont worry. Part 2 you can download from net and fill out before the interview. Do not sign it though...you have to sign only at the time of GC approval and only when consular officer asks you to.

Rejection Reasons

How often the consular visas are denied ? Just to make sure we dont fall in that line.
I searched the whole portal,but couldn't locate any such article.

Was just wondering if we could compile the list of rejection cases.