dob and local transfers

cwait

Registered Users (C)
I got rfe for emp letter, however I have qstn on my dob stuff I gave just affidavits for my dob, I now have the dob cert but I didnt have it then, I am wondering if people got their gc\'s with just affidavits or will I also end up in a transfer to local office, can u all please give ur views- thanks

No Title

With just affidavits, some cases get approved and some don\'t.
The rules are clear though. You do need a Non-Availability
Certificate from your place of birth if you are submitting
affidavits in place of birth certificate. I just had an
interview in Baltimore and affidavits were not enough for INS.

No Title

thanks, I agree and so I am concerned if they would push mine to the Local Office bcos I lacked them in the original application, I happen to have all the documents now , NOC and the actual DOB certificate too, but I do not know if I can send them now along with the RFE letter for the Employment. can we do that, can u all please let me know - thanks

No Title

listuser, could it have been the affidavits that caused the transfer for u, wuld u know? I am wondering if I should send the dob certificate now with the RFE letter that I rxed for Emp Letter , not sure though, getting confused and have a feeling lawyer would not agree !!

No Title

dob certificates ,recently issued, are good or they have to be issued near the actual birth date. Which one is more appealing to INS. Do we need to submit both(local language and translated language) copies.
reply will be appreciated.

No Title

I heard if your DOB is before 1970, INS will just accept affidavit alone and no need of Local authorities certificate. This is true ?

No Title

Bhannu, I could not follow you, to which e mail you are refering to.
thanks.

No Title

bhanu , thanks. qba Bhanu just replied back to a mail from me, an dhe advised me to avoid sending extra info.
As for ur question, I have honestly no clue, - cwait.