Do not recall exact dates of foriegn travel

jeffm

Soon after I got my greencard 6 years ago, I'd made a couple of trips to India. My passport got damaged and I had to get a duplicate one. The Indian Consulate San Francisco kept the damaged passport when they gave me the duplicate.

Now I just can't recall the dates of my trips. What should I do? Should I just add a note that the dates are approximate and add an explanation to the application?

jeffm said:
Soon after I got my greencard 6 years ago, I'd made a couple of trips to India. My passport got damaged and I had to get a duplicate one. The Indian Consulate San Francisco kept the damaged passport when they gave me the duplicate.

Now I just can't recall the dates of my trips. What should I do? Should I just add a note that the dates are approximate and add an explanation to the application?

You basically answered your own question:

Add a note detailing the dates as you recall them, stress that it is an approximation and explain why you do not have the supporting evidence. If possible bring ANY supporting evidence you may have (e.g. bills showing you were in the US arround those dates - credit card/bank statements , telephone bills, etc - you get the point).

There were a number of other threads discussing this issue at length - read them. My answer above more or less covers the conclusion of these threads.

Yalag