Do I need to renewal EAD? VSC,EB2,PD May\'99, 485 ND Sept 12th 2000, FP Dec 27th 2000

venkat97

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I need your suggestion on EAD renewal.

My EAD expires on Oct 17th 2001. Do I need to renewal EAD?

Here is my case.
VSC,EB2,PD May\'99, 485 ND Sept 12th 2000, FP Dec 27th 2000

When should I apply for EAD renewal? Can I do it on my own? Any idea?

Thanks,

--Venkat

No Title

Hi venkat,

I would say, apply 12 weeks before the actual expiry date. you can apply yourself, if you have a lawyer, it is safer to go thru them.
whether to apply or not, hoping that you will get the approval before that, your guess is as good as anyone else. Like I said, wait
until 12 weeks before october, at that point if you didn\'t get the approval, better apply it, what the heck. My H1 expires in feb 02,
and my pd is 03/99 and ND: 03/28/00, I am asking the question my self, if I didn\'t get the approval, when should I apply for EAD??
It is funny that people are taking about ND: JUNE/JULY/AUG 00 while Jan,feb,Mar00 are still waiting most of them.

good luck venky

No Title

Venkat !
You must apply for renewal of EAD before 12 weeks of its expiration date. Do not go by any of the processing statistics. You never know when they gonna process yours. Always be on the safe side ans also there is no harm in applying. If you get the approval in time that\'s good and if it is otherwise then at least you are safe. Why invite the trouble by yourself by not applying in advance.

No Title

Thanks Net & Agarwal, Now I understand that I need to apply 12 weeks in advance and take advantage of interim EAD, before first EAD expires.

--Venkat

No Title

Just an FYI. I have ND 08/00 and I applied 4 months before my expiration date. Meaning I applied the earliest possible as I did not want to take the risk with the processing delays of INS and the current economic condition

-L

No Title

It depends on where you live. You can apply EAD at your local INS office. You get the card right away in BOSTON (quoted as one day).

No Title

apply atleast 4 months in advance. ins take 90 days after they send you the receipt of your ead application which takes atleast 15-20 days. i have a friend who did not take this seriously and is now on forced vacation because he cannot work.

No Title

Thanks pain. Well, I live in California ( between assignments ) and applied 485 through VSC. Just FYI I gave (expensive FP :-( )finger prints @Newark, NJ ASC. I think I have no option other than mailing EAD application to VSC, 3 or 4 months before first EAD expires.

--Venkat

No Title

Thanks Hiten. Considering your input, it would be better for me if I apply EAD renewal before June 17th 2001 ( first EAD expires on Oct 17th 2001 ). OK NOP.