Do I need to file G28 ??

AngelaSAP

Registered Users (C)
I would like to know what is the procedure if we change the company ??

I am moving from Chicago company to Miami company... Does my case will move to new service center... even though i live in chicago, I am planning to do travelling now...

Do I need to file G28 to correspond the information to me from INS instead of going to old attorney ?? When do I file this ???

What is the procedure to get all our information from old lawyer also ???

What about AC21 ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurus, please HELP !!!

If I move to a different state company, does my case move to different INS center...

AngelaSAP said:
Gurus, please HELP !!!

If I move to a different state company, does my case move to different INS center...

Not necessarily, some times they do, some times they don't. If you have a good opportunity, take it. You (your new attorney) need to file G-28 and also make sure the new job has the 'same or similar' job title/description for invoking AC-21.

AngelaSAP said:
I would like to know what is the procedure if we change the company ??

I am moving from Chicago company to Miami company... Does my case will move to new service center... even though i live in chicago, I am planning to do travelling now...

Do I need to file G28 to correspond the information to me from INS instead of going to old attorney ?? When do I file this ???

What is the procedure to get all our information from old lawyer also ???

What about AC21 ???
Check AC-21 section for procedure of chaning company and conditions under which you can change.

Moving case to new service center can be requested, but not a guarantee that it will be done.

You need to file G28 with new lawyer if you want correspondance to come to new lawyer. If you do not need any lawyer - call customer service and ask them that you need to change your lawyer. Depending on their mood (and knowledge ofcourse) they may do it or may transfer you to your service center for change.

If you file G-28 for new lawyer your new lawyer will take care of getting info. If you do not want to hire new lawyer - use FOIA(make search on same too) with DOL or Service center. From DOL, you can get results fast but it will be only LC details. From Service centers you can get details about LC and 140 both - but may take little longer.