Do I need to file AR-11 again?

seenoend

Registered Users (C)
I moved to a new address more than a year ago and sent AR-11 form within 10 days of the move. I also called the 800 number and VSC informing them of the address change. I didn't receive any confirmation in the mail that my address had been updated, but since I was told I was all set when I called the 800 number, I assumed everything was OK.

I checked the on-line status of my case about a month ago and found out that VSC had sent an RFE to me. I didn't receive the letter after 14 days so I called the 800 number again. They said there might be a problem with my address and asked me to give them the new address again. So I did. Within several days, I also received an AR-11 form in a big yellow envelop from Dept. of Homeland Security. Do I need to send back the AR-11 form again for the address change that happend more than a year ago?

I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

Happy Holidays!

Originally posted by Twocents
I
I checked the on-line status of my case about a month ago and found out that VSC had sent an RFE to me.

Within several days, I also received an AR-11 form in a big yellow envelop from Dept. of Homeland Security. Do I need to send back the AR-11 form again for the address change that happend more than a year ago?

I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

Serious-Reply:

Take RFEs seriously. They must be responded within given time frame or else the entire GC application is in jeopardy. Immediately send letter by FedEx/UPS to the VSC and explain the entire situation. Don't take it easy.

Also, fill out the new AR-11 and send it. Enclose any proof/receipt that you already informed them earlier along with it.

Non-Serious Reply:

Where the heck is your lawyer ? He/She gets a copy of every communication from CIS too.

:( :(

RFE goes only to lawyer. If you filed your case by your own then you receive the RFE. Did you check with your lawyer about the RFE?