Do I need submit an Employment letter and Tax return for 485

joyo

Registered Users (C)
I filled EB1 and NIW in last May. Now I want to submit my i485 for NIW. My question is,

Do I need to submit an employment letter from employer and tax return files. If so, what should I cover in the letter and how many years for tax return.

Thanks

joyo

joyo said:
I filled EB1 and NIW in last May. Now I want to submit my i485 for NIW. My question is,

Do I need to submit an employment letter from employer and tax return files. If so, what should I cover in the letter and how many years for tax return.

Thanks

joyo
U dont need these.

joyo said:

Thanks

joyo

Although not required, you'd better submit an employment letter if that letter won't have any negative impact on your case. I submitted the letter based on my lawyer's suggestion (my case is NIW-based). Generally all 485 applicants, regardless of their application tracks, should prove they won't be financial burdens to the country, and you can prove this for yourself up front by submitting an employment letter. But you don't need to submit tax returns just yet.

Of course, even if you submit a letter now, when it comes to the time CIS abjucates your 485 case, they may still issue RFE for such a letter because they want to make sure you still work in your NIW field at that time.

I submitted the employment letter with my 485 application in the hope of reducing one chance of getting a RFE. But how CIS will look at my case is really hard to predict. My point is, if after your CAREFUL consideration, you don't think such a letter will hurt you, then submitting it up front may be a good idea. If you have a lawyer, better discuss with him/her.

Last edited by a moderator: