Do I need stamping?

GCneedhelp

Registered Users (C)
hello, my case was approved recently 2 months after interview. During the interview, I submitted new photos and index FP. I did not apply for EAD and AP. The officer took my I-94. The approval letter says" U will receive GC card in 6 mouth by mail. If u wish to obtain a temp stamp, u must go to local office 8 - 12 on any wensday." Does this mean I donot have to go stamping?
What is the message in regular approval letters without interview?
Ur inputs will be appreciated.
Wish u all got urs soon

Where did you go for your interview. Like you I'm in the same boat except I didn't get approval yet. I had my interview and the officer did not stamp my passport. She wrote I485 pending I had to submit some documents to her and she told me that I would not have to come back again and she would make a decision on the case. It's been about 2 months now and I haven't heard anything.

newark

interviewed in newark around 10/10/2003. I also submit documents after interview. Also gave new photos. Maybe that was why I donot need stamping

You need if you want to go to out of country!!

Congratulations on your approval !!!!

It seems people are getting cards within 6 weeks to 4 months..
If you want to go to out ouf US, then you need stamping otherwise you can wait for cards ...

YOU PLEASE POST YOUR INTERVIEW DETAILS IN NEWARK TRANSFER THREAD .....LOT OF PEOPLE ARE WAITING FOR aPPROVAL AFTER INTERVIEW....

Appreciate of you can take a moment and include details ....
interview process
finger print exp
how long it took for approval after interview
medicals (re-done or not ....?)

----

Last edited by a moderator:
detalis

rd:01/2002
transfer: 08/04/2003
ID:10/10/2003
2nd FP: same day as ID
App: 11/12/03
Received App letter: 11/20/03

You should go and get the stamp, because you don't know how long it will take to get the card in your hand. At least you have something to show if you ever have to travel in case of an emergency or if your applying for a better job. I had my interview in garden city, NY in August. My lawyer told me that he knows the officer that interviewed me and that she takes her merry old time on approvals.
Congrats and God Bless.

Last edited by a moderator: