Do I need a

Bitty88

Registered Users (C)
So I submitted my N-400 application and the waiting game begins..
In the meantime I have something else bothering me I hope you can help me with.
As I am divorced and remarried, my maiden name was AB CEE and my married name became EE FFF
When I got divorced I did not change my last name it was still FFF. My passport now had an endorsement stamp in it which says
AB CEE is also known as EE FFF and that was when I got my GC.
Now here is where I am confused and don't know hat what to make of it..
Since I just got married again the name on my marriage certificate which is from another country reads my name AB CEE
My purpose of naturalization is to petition for my husband to come and join me.
Will my marriage certificate be acceptable? What kinds of problems will I face when I submit his petition?
The reason I have CEE and not FFF on my marriage certificate I guess it's the name that's in my passport and what I used to register
To get married. Do I have to contact a lawyer about this or just any help is appreciated.

As long as you have disclosed all the names that you have used in your N400, you can relax. At the time of naturalization you will have an option to choose a new name if you wish so that going forward your name will be consistent. At the time of interview have both marriage certificates ready to show about the name change, along with your birth certificate, passport and green card. If you did not disclose all the names used in the application, your decision maybe delayed but there should be no problem. Just for this you do not need a lawyer.