Do I need a Transit Visa?

savant123456

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Please advise as I am getting conflicting information on this.

My GC was approved a few weeks back and I will be going for GC stamping next week. I am going to India in the last week of december 04 flying through Paris (via Air France). At that time I will have my GC stamped on the passport but may not have recieved the physical plastic card yet.

Do I need a Transit Visa? Is GC Stamping enough to not require a Transit Visa for France? Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
Savant

Savant123456 & 1204GC

Dudes.....instead of discussing the alternatives why don't you both get your stamping done and especially savant123456...you should possibly get your physical card by the time you get ready for India trip.
Looking at my stamping and physical card order date.....you may get your plastic card within 1 or 1.5 months after stamping.

good luck

gc0902 said:
Dudes.....instead of discussing the alternatives why don't you both get your stamping done and especially savant123456...you should possibly get your physical card by the time you get ready for India trip.
Looking at my stamping and physical card order date.....you may get your plastic card within 1 or 1.5 months after stamping.

good luck

Where did you get your passport stamped.

PS: 9/30/04 (newark)
CO: ??

http://www.murthy.com/nflash/nf_101504.html

this is really scary .... what about people who may have already left the country and will come back after oct 26th?

gc0902:

Thanks for sharing your info. I know a person who is waiting for plastic card for more than 3 months. So nothing is consistant at CIS.

It is always good to discuss and find out the alternatives.