Do I have any trouble if I am out of UAS when my 485 is approved?

cooldami

Registered Users (C)
I have advance parol, and plan to visit Canada for a while.

Is there any problem if my 485 case is approved when I am out of USA?

Is there any problem for me to return USA using my advance parol if my 485 is approved?

My Dates:
RD: 9/01
ND: 10/01
FP: 4/02
RFE: 12/02
still waiting

I know few people who said their 485s were approved while they were out of the country but was able to come back in using parole. I don’t think there will be any problem. If they ask, then just explain your situation.

I don't think it is advisable to leave USA when you are close to approval. My attorney asked me to wait till I got my GC. He said, we could convince the officer at POE if it was a family emergency, but it may be difficult to convince them if it just a pleasure trip.

Theoretically, the advance parole that you got based on your 485 becomes void once your 485 application is approved. However, I am yet to read a first hand report of a person being denied entry when their GC is approved when they are out of the country.

Officers at the POE have more info these days - they would know your GC is approved if you present them your AP. They could admit you on a defered inspection, instead of your AP. But there's the uncertainty that they won't.

There is no problem if you enter in AP when your GC is approved during your absence here.

AP is in Lieu of the visa and there is no rule which says that you can't enter back.

My family returned last week via Newark on AP and during their vacation I 485 got approved.

Don't wory.

Have a nice trip.

Thanks