do GC holders have to update address?

I am not sure about a penalty, but not filing is considered a misdemenour. However, my lawyer told me that this is not enforced, so if you file later than 10 days you should still be fine.

As long as you file it asap it is fine.

Not a problem unless this issue is brought up for some reason.

Re: As long as you file it asap it is fine.

Originally posted by OmGV
Not a problem unless this issue is brought up for some reason.

EXACTLY!
Remember that you will need to show CIS that you put effort to comply with their rules/regulations/laws; unless it is something extraordinary that you can prove with some evidence or documentation.

Guys,

I am skeptical about filling AR11 after having green card. Does any one has any official link or document that instructs for GC holders to file AR11?

Thanks.

Read BCIS website.

<<All non-U.S. citizens (aliens) who are required to be registered are also required to keep the BCIS informed of their current address>>

Read the whole page including Penalties for Failure to Comply

Ok, I think there are two parts of it.

1. All non-US Citizens who have applied for some immigration benefit are required to do that. Once you get a GC, you don't have any other application with BCIS and would not require to file AR11.

2. Those non-US citizen who are required to be a victim of special registration, they need to do the same. Again, special registration ONLY applies to non-US citizens and non-GC holders. Once you have a GC, you are not required to go for special registration. At the time of GC stamping, you can ask the BCIS officer to get you out of special registration database. Therefore, this AR11 rule will still not be applicable to you.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.