Do employers check for EAD renewal?

AJ021402

Registered Users (C)
I know on new employment that employers do check on work validity. But for expiring EAD, do employers immediately check the day the EAD expires? Do they keep track of it? Or say, if you still have 10 days after EAD expires and 10 days before the 90 day of IEAD, can you just keep it to yourself hoping the employers won't ask before that 10 days end, then get the IEAD on the 10th day? What are your experiences on your employers?

It doesn't matter whether the employer checks or not, you need to have an EAD/iEAD to continue to work after your current one expires. It could pose some serious problems when your 485 is being adjudicated

AJ021402

Don't take risk, otherwise you may cause problems in your GC ...

try to
a. take vacations from work and do not work for 10 days...

b. or if employer does not agrees then try to go to local INS office to get the IEAD ( say a day before your current one expires...) see my post in the IEAD story to get more information what additionals documents you might need ( I got IEAD after about 43 days from RD.)..

because if you hide from employer and work and INS comes to know about this it will cause issue in your GC case and also INS can also fine your employer (tens of thousand dollars), which will certainly piss them, and may further complicat your sitiation...

My company HR already asked about my EAD expiration date, i told them that i will get the renewed EAD before the current EAD expires. So, it is my responsibility to provide them a valid EAD before the current one expires with the regular approved EAD or iEAD. In my case, i still have 2 more weeks to pass 90 days window, if don't get within that timeframe, then i will definitely go for an iEAD.

Don't take chances, try to get iEAD after 90 days......

Good Luck