do a new-born child may be 1 months old require passport

Depends thru which country you are coming. For USA, it doesn't matter(they accept endorsing baby's name on one of the parent's passport.). Germany doesn't accepts it if you are flying thru Germany.

The Passport question for a baby is an interesting one, when our child was 2 months old we had her endorsed in my wife’s Indian passport and had no problems till we returned back to US. At US immigration, we’d to go for extended immigration as the officer said that the child can be endorsed onto the parent’s passport but needs a separate visa. I gave some story of traveling in a hurry and not having sufficient time to apply for the passport – they let us in but said that we should get a separate passport for next time.

This happened to us twice so we decided to get the separate US passport for the children rather than face embarrassment in immigration!

Rjain

generalgccp said:
Does a new born i.e. 1 or 2 month old baby require passport to fly to the US with parent(s) from India ?

Yes, all children now require separate passports.

GCChaahiye said:
I wonder how the newbie babies will sign the forms for their passport :D

Not sure about other countries but here is what happens for Indian passport:

Baby's thumb impression is put on passport.

For American passport - parents need to sign for baby with a pencil. (preferably by one who is going to travel with kid).