divorced battered spouse

bellac

I was married during two years with an USC and get divorced oct 1999.
Is it too late for me to apply for readjustement of status and then self petition for battered spouse.????
I read that such application is supposed to be submitted no more than 2 years after the official divorce but if I can show proves of reasons why I did not do so in those delays could I have a chance to regularize my situation???
thanks a lot for your advices ...
bellac@bellsouth.net:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Did the INS ask you and your husband to come for an interview??

or is your application still pending?? As a battered spouse you can file the Form I360 with the vermont service center.

I would strongly recommend that you visit the BCIS website for the battered spouse petition:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/howdoi/battered.htm

and maybe talk to a lawyer about this matter. If you dont have a lawyer send me an email on immigration@sachin.us and I can suggest one

Good Luck

re sahin

thank you first for your answer...i did not go to an interview with my husband...i do have a lawwyer but if you could indicate another one ;it wont hurt...i live in Alabama .i already visited the site you indicated me but it did not answer to this specific question about delays....anyway thank you very much to care....